Author Topic: Goal for Today: Ignore Nasty Co-Worker  (Read 9463 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Goal for Today: Ignore Nasty Co-Worker
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »
My thought also, Art!

And that's why I disagree with this:

One other thought here: Does Perry know about all this?*  It sounds like he still needs to watch out for Muffy, who might try to get hired at the school where he is now if she gets fired from this one-or at least try to volunteer or something.  And if Perry and the staff there don't know about the fact that her obsession with Perry is continuing, there could be some real problems.

*I know Perry knew about it while he was the director at OP's school, but he might think her behavior stopped when he left.

I wouldn't be taking any of this to Perry--he's out of the picture, and the last thing he needs is for someone to drag him back in. He can deal w/ any "Muffy trying to get hired at the school where he is now" if it ever happens.

Until then, the guy deserves his peace.

Should the administration at the other school be notified at least, I wonder.

Why on earth should they be? This has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Well, honestly, I think that if I were working somewhere and a co-worker was this obsessed with me, and then I left and she was still obsessing, being mad at me that I didn't take her with me, and harassing students for no reason and not getting along with the new person in my position....well, I don't want to jump to any conclusions but I think I would want to know about it so I could make extra sure my doors were locked at night, maybe is a good way to say it. 

I am just thinking that maybe Perry needs to know about this so he can make his own choices about what might be good for him to do for his own well being, KWIM? And the reason I mentioned the administration of where he works now is that if anything inappropriate is going to happen, it might happen at the school or in some way regarding the school.

It's just a thought and maybe not at all necessary, but I thought I would put it out there, because...well, people are strange and strange things happen.  And I am sure that Perry has seen a lot more strangeness from Muffy than we have or even OP has-or, at least, the specific character of it.

I think you're jumping to conclusions that are unwarranted.

Hillia

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
I could see maybe, maybe giving Perry a heads up, but any info to his new employer should come from Perry and Perry alone.  There is no indication that Muffy is any sort of physical threat to anyone, and making a bigger deal of it than necessary to his employer can't do Perry any favors.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »

Well, honestly, I think that if I were working somewhere and a co-worker was this obsessed with me, and then I left and she was still obsessing, being mad at me that I didn't take her with me, and harassing students for no reason and not getting along with the new person in my position....well, I don't want to jump to any conclusions but I think I would want to know about it so I could make extra sure my doors were locked at night, maybe is a good way to say it. 

I am just thinking that maybe Perry needs to know about this so he can make his own choices about what might be good for him to do for his own well being, KWIM? And the reason I mentioned the administration of where he works now is that if anything inappropriate is going to happen, it might happen at the school or in some way regarding the school.

It's just a thought and maybe not at all necessary, but I thought I would put it out there, because...well, people are strange and strange things happen.  And I am sure that Perry has seen a lot more strangeness from Muffy than we have or even OP has-or, at least, the specific character of it.

This is nothing to do with Perry or his new school.

GSNW

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2014, 12:13:59 PM »
The good news there is that Perry is well aware.  His wife still works here and she is good friends with our choir teacher, who has been mentoring Babs as a new fine arts teacher and whose shoulder Babs has cried on (understandably).  So no need for me to stick my nose in there!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »
The good news there is that Perry is well aware.  His wife still works here and she is good friends with our choir teacher, who has been mentoring Babs as a new fine arts teacher and whose shoulder Babs has cried on (understandably).  So no need for me to stick my nose in there!

Good. One less thing to worry about.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture