Author Topic: Double egregious ....  (Read 2645 times)

gellchom

Double egregious ....
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »
I don't have the text (I don't think it was in English, anyway), but my daughter called me this morning to tell me about a wedding invitation from a friend of her fiance's. 

First she asked if I was sitting down.   :)

The invitation instructed the guests to bring a dish for a pot luck reception, then added, "But do not think that this means you do not also have to bring a gift."

Yikes!

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Double egregious ....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

:D :D :D :D

lowspark

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »
Nothin' like telling it like it is!  :o

ITSJUSTME

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »
Oh darn . . . I'll be weeding my terrarium that day . . . shucks . . . 

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:45:41 PM »
So I assume daughter is taking Walmart potato salad dumped in a bowl with a plastic serving piece and saying, "Congratulations! Oh, the bowl and serving piece are your gifts"?

Best I can come up with right now.

Lynn2000

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »
So I assume daughter is taking Walmart potato salad dumped in a bowl with a plastic serving piece and saying, "Congratulations! Oh, the bowl and serving piece are your gifts"?

You know, that's actually not a bad idea, if one was planning to attend. Then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to get your dish back.

Sometimes I think it's "better" when people just lay out what they want, rude though it may be, rather than doing everything properly on the surface and then sniping at people behind their back...
~Lynn2000

Mikayla

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »

:D :D :D :D

She should have asked if gellchom was laying down.  A lot can happen in a chair.

I don't suppose we'll get updates?   She should consider going!

Eeep!

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 07:39:50 PM »

You know, that's actually not a bad idea, if one was planning to attend. Then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to get your dish back.

Sometimes I think it's "better" when people just lay out what they want, rude though it may be, rather than doing everything properly on the surface and then sniping at people behind their back...
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

LtPowers

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 10:23:48 AM »
I don't suppose we'll get updates?   She should consider going!

Easy for you to say.   ;)

Powers  &8^]

kudeebee

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »

What a wonderful idea for all the guests to do.  Put their food in a serving dish with serving utensil--dollar tree has many of these.  Double duty as food offering/gift and person bringing does not have to worry about taking anything home!  Then hc will have plenty of serving bowls/dishes/utensils for their future parties!

EllenS

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »
This is another situation where I would make a gift donation to charity - Heifer International.
http://www.heifer.org/gift-catalog/entire-catalog.html?msource=KIK1J122702&gclid=CJGFtJPH97wCFajm7AodtS4Anw

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 06:55:58 AM »
yeah, i was thinking it's time to wash my hair...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Lynda_34

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 01:43:32 AM »
I'm sorry, I'm laughing so hard I can barely type this but an upside down pineapple cake could get her a skillet. :D Cupcakes would get her a muffin tin ;) and the pasta salads would get her bowls and serving utensils. ;D
All she needs is a pot to boil things in, can't figure out how this can be gifted. :-[  But pulled pork would end with a slow cooker.  :) Think of the possibilities. ;D

Jeff Foxworthy says,"You might be a redneck if all your salad bowls say Cool Whip on the side.
 I truly hope there are updates of some kind. :)
I do buy stuffed peppers in Mason jars and as a joke give the empty jars to my son, telling him it is part of his kitchen "china".  I just saw a gift catalog that had mason jar shot glasses.  Guess what he's getting from Santa this year. ::)

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 01:52:51 AM »
Please tell me that on the invitation there was at least a smiley face or something indicating they were being deliberately cheeky or at least passing it off as a joke?   It would still be just as horrifically rude, but personally I prefer rude, cheeky bores having a bit of a "go" to the completely ignorant rude bores...
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

mime

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »

This is going to be my new response to things I don't want to do!!!