Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 15414 times)

perpetua

My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:33:56 AM »
...he wants my cheese on toast.

He's really shouty about it, too.

Yours?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:35:32 AM by perpetua »

shadowfox79

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:56:51 AM »
Both my cats are meowing at me because they've brought me a pair of socks each and they want my approval.

I wouldn't mind if I could convince them to put them back afterwards. We keep shutting the sock drawer and they keep opening it again.

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
My cat is meowing at me because he wants me to see the mouse he has brought me, and how he's laid it out prettily in the dead centre of the black tile closest to the step into the kitchen.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »
My cat is meowing at me because she is a cat.

JoW

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »
Background - Dax is elderly and his kidneys are failing.  My water supply is a well.  Its very high in calcuim. I have a water softener, which makes the tap water in the house very high in sodium.  The vet wants all 3 of my cats to drink only bottled mineral-free water.  They drink from a cat fountain, which means a 2" tall water fall.

Dax is screaming at me because he wants me to stand beside his fountain and pour water in from higher than his head (about a foot) so he can drink it as it falls.  He is also screaming at me because he doesn't like his prescription cat food and wants me to add more of the better, regular cat food. 

perpetua

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
Cat 1 is shouting at me because he wants to sit on my shoulder, but is a full grown cat who can't *fit* on my shoulder.

He is quite literally yelling in my ear about it.

Two minutes prior to this he was shouting at me because he'd just come in and something very exciting had obviously happened in the back garden.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
  My cat was meowing because I wont let him taste THIS spoonful of cheerios. He tasted the first spoonful , he doesn't want them he just wants to try every bite I guess in case he changes his mind.   

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »
I love reading these! I almost never know what my cat wants because she shouts all the time for no apparent reason. (She is 16, completely deaf, and possibly senile.)

perpetua

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
I love reading these! I almost never know what my cat wants because she shouts all the time for no apparent reason. (She is 16, completely deaf, and possibly senile.)

Aww, bless her. I have the same trouble with Cat 1. He's 16 too and shouts a lot, I think just because he thinks he's earned the right to do so. He's a cantankerous old thing. Half the time I have no idea why he's yelling in my face.

MayHug

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »
My cat has a blanket at the foot of my bed she sleeps on. My husband works nights and isn't home and for some reason decided to move her blankey last night. She ended sleeping on my feet and I accidentally kicked her around one a.m. She came right up into my face and "yelled" at me and flounced off!

veronaz

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 11:04:12 AM »
because we agreed that her job is to be my backup alarm.  I'm supposed to get out of bed, run to the bathroom, then fix her breakfast.  But this morning I continued to lay there, mumbling "huh?"  :-\

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »
Willow used to get extremely miffed because the patch of sun coming through the window had moved away.  She was SLEEPING in that!  Put it back! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

greencat

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
Coffee Bean started with the complaining at around 8:30 this morning...as best as I can tell, she wanted me to sit up so she could occupy my lap.  I only just now figured that out...

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 01:15:43 PM »
...because I refuse to feed them the gushy food 4 hours early.   I'm getting looked at.

My big guy keeps trying to cling to my shoulder and head area.   He's way too big for that. So then he tried for my lap... Still too big unless I place a pillow on my lap for him to sit on.

Also,  he cries at night when the lights get turned off.  I had to put in night lights for a cat. He's getting a bit older (officially a senior kitty, he's over 10 now) and I think his night vision isn't as good as it used to be.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 06:29:44 PM »
Because we abandoned them for a whole day, with extra water, food and litter boxes.