Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 23378 times)

Elisabunny

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2014, 09:24:28 PM »
I needed my shoe back.  And I didn't replace it with food.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

JoW

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
The comforter is covering the corner of the bed.

Dax is elderly and gave up jumping years ago.  He has a short staircase (3 steps) at the corner of the bed that he climbs up to get on the bed.  The comforter is slippery.  He wants that last step to be on to the rough-textured bedspread. 

Tsaiko

« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »
Because her plate of food was on the stairs instead of in the bedroom where it should be. Why was in on the stairs? That would be because I had just tripped on the stairs and was still assessing how much everything hurt. But according to the Old Lady (my eldest cat's nickname) it was such a bother for her to have to come out of the bedroom and back down four steps to eat.

That didn't stop her though. I know what her priorities are and it does not include checking to make sure I'm okay before filling her tummy.

gingerzing

« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
My itty bitty older kitty with her completely pathic squeak of a meower, is on the corner of my chair complaining bitterly that while I fed her and her sister and the bowls are full.....they are not full of the new tuna flavored food.  And this should be fixed sooner rather than later.

*My co-worker just found out that her older cat seems to have a food allergy.  Of course she found this out a couple days after buying a large bag of her cat's normal food.  She gave me a scoopful to see if my girls would like it. 
The answer is YES and BRING IT BACK NOW!!!!

greencat

« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
Joker has taken to haunting my kitchen.  He would like food delivered there and not where I usually feed the cats  ::)

Arila

« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »
Because during shedding season I don't always do well with keeping up the grooming. She has a few almost-matted areas, and is not a fan of the brush. Guess we are going to be getting the clippers out!

greencat

« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
Because there is not enough room on my lap for all four cats who currently want to sit in it.  I gather I haven't been home enough lately and they have not been given adequate time in my lap.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »
Because Nazgul is by herself in Catland, with no mama or siblings to take care of her, and she's abandoned and alone and she's going to diiieeeeee!

(Her sibs used to respond to her "kitten in distress" screams by rushing to see what was wrong, but even they now recognize that she's crying wolf.)
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
^Such a perfect name for her.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

Haha! My cat's food also apparently goes stale. Very quickly. Usually around 4:00 in the morning. The bowl might still be full, but apparently all the contents thereof are no longer edible. Luckily, a few new pieces on top restores the freshness! Alas, I still have to get up for that...

Miss Bailey will lick any exposed bit of my skin and head butt me till I get out of bed in the morning.  I thought having a toddler would have me getting up early even during the summer. No, it's my cat who wakes me up around 6:30 every morning.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

peach2play

« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2014, 05:28:36 PM »
For some reason, Princess Ming just has to go into the utility room...where the boiler, gas lines and electrical stuff for the house is.  Of course she must be let into this room at 4AM and I had better get out of bed right now! to let her in.  I have no idea why she's drawn to that room.  The room tends to smell like gas (we had it checked, no leak, just doesn't have a lot of ventilation) and doesn't have anything in it.  Not even mice or millers *sigh* so I get woke up at 4AM because she MUST enter. 

gingerzing

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2014, 08:23:26 AM »
My younger cat, Rose, has decided to loudly protest whenever she enters a room and the dog is there.  Or if the dog is coming through a doorway that she is at (or vice versa).  Given that she and the dog have lived in this smallish house for over 8 years together....get over it, kitten.

Snooks

« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2014, 01:35:49 PM »
I am not clearing my schedule so that I am available to make a fuss of her whenever she deigns it suitable.  How dare I do such selfish things such as make my breakfast in the morning?  Even worse I insist on eating my breakfast.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2014, 02:40:13 PM »
He wants fed. he wants out. He wants back in. He wants fed. he wants out. He wants back in. I have been up since three AM because of this darn cat!

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
I wish I knew, because I've been getting shouted at since yesterday morning! Doesn't want attention, doesn't want fed, isn't griping about the litter box, doesn't care if the windows are open or not, doesn't want brushies, doesn't seem to be ill or even slightly off-kilter...ugh, Siamese.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~