Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 22481 times)

Arila

Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 11:18:16 PM »
After our dog Tasha was put to sleep (liver cancer) her cat buddy Kirk would wander from room to room calling.  "HaROWR?  HaROWR?"  He'd never made that kind of call before, and after 3 or 4 weeks never did it again.  He was looking for her.  :'(
The girl did that after my roomates (and their cats, including her mom) moved out. I thought she was lonely, and got her a kitten, who she STILL hates after 7.5 years.

Today, she is meowing because I have a screen in front of me, and I should be looking at (and petting) her!. But, should I set the tablet aside to pet her, she's no longer interested..................... ::)

Eeep!

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 12:47:15 AM »
Lord, if only I knew. Truly. My one cat, Azizi, does the top-of-his-lungs Oh Woe Is Me meow for no apparent reason. From room to room, tragically mourning something. Doesn't want pets, food, water. His brother, Phinneas, appears to have no idea what's wrong with him either. And he is LOUD! Drives me insane. He also meows because we have locked him out of our room, because we are cooking chicken, because we are eating chicken. Phin mostly only meows at 4:00 in the morning - that special hour when the cat food in the bowls apparently goes utterly and completely stale, necessitating a fresh batch.
After our dog Tasha was put to sleep (liver cancer) her cat buddy Kirk would wander from room to room calling.  "HaROWR?  HaROWR?"  He'd never made that kind of call before, and after 3 or 4 weeks never did it again.  He was looking for her.  :'(

See - now THAT makes perfect sense. I think my cat is just overly dramatic. ;)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Mrs S

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:55 AM »
They want to be fed and I have taken the PS3 cord as punishment....... oh wait they are my children!!!!!

We had a cat that didn't meow much but would bite your elbow if he wanted to be patted but then at 2 am would flick the donna up and attack our feet to tell us he wanted to go outside.

MIL's cat had this thing while eating. Once you put his food down on the table on a placemat you then had to scratch his behind until he got into a rythem with his eating, if he was disturbed then you had to scratch his behind again.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:12 AM »
They want to be fed and I have taken the PS3 cord as punishment....... oh wait they are my children!!!!!

We had a cat that didn't meow much but would bite your elbow if he wanted to be patted but then at 2 am would flick the donna up and attack our feet to tell us he wanted to go outside.

MIL's cat had this thing while eating. Once you put his food down on the table on a placemat you then had to scratch his behind until he got into a rythem with his eating, if he was disturbed then you had to scratch his behind again.

Cat...on...table?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2014, 05:36:19 AM »
Lord, if only I knew. Truly. My one cat, Azizi, does the top-of-his-lungs Oh Woe Is Me meow for no apparent reason. From room to room, tragically mourning something. Doesn't want pets, food, water. His brother, Phinneas, appears to have no idea what's wrong with him either. And he is LOUD! Drives me insane. He also meows because we have locked him out of our room, because we are cooking chicken, because we are eating chicken. Phin mostly only meows at 4:00 in the morning - that special hour when the cat food in the bowls apparently goes utterly and completely stale, necessitating a fresh batch.

My cat does that.  He's half Siamese and it is really common in that breed for some reason.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

jmarvellous

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2014, 08:35:03 AM »
This morning,  my poor little attention-starved kitty had to see me! She didn't yelp when she flicked her tail up between the toothpaste tube and my toothbrush,  getting her tail a hearty squirt an inch or so long of mint gel, but heaven forbid I try to rinse it off.

That's when she decided she'd had enough and let me brush in peace (once I'd changed to a dry shirt).

GreenHall

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »
Since I am not there, I can't be sure the shouting is occurring, but I imagine I will hear about it when I get home.  Since is it supposed to be 100% chance of rain today and was making a good start of it first thing this morning, I did not let the cat outside for the day.  I am aware that this offends her, but as she is also offended by being wet...

greencat

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »

My cat does that.  He's half Siamese and it is really common in that breed for some reason.

Mine is either half or quarter Siamese, and he also does it.  However, except when he's doing that, he is not a chatterbox and he makes itty-bitty meows...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »

Perambulatory opera.  You just have no appreciation for the Arts!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Steve

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
Skinnycat is screaming: "LET MET OUT OF THIS BENCH!!! NOW"

She has a broken vertebra and a paralyzed tail, she needs 2 more weeks of bench rest at least before the vet decides if an operation is needed.

Eeep!

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »

Perambulatory opera.  You just have no appreciation for the Arts!

Ooh.  You might be right.  I shall endeavor to appreciate it more next time...
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

greencat

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
Batman appears to be complaining about the rain.   I haven't yet figured out how to tell him in cat that I can't control the weather  8)

Mrs S

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2014, 01:55:19 AM »

Cat...on...table?

Yep somehow my MIL turns cats into fussy little things. That cat was hubbies but it had to go live with her and that is when he got this quirk. Our other cat was SIL's cat who ate everything you gave him, but he went to live with MIL before living with us for a couple of months and suddenly he only liked a certain type of tuna.

Dont know what she does to cats!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 02:00:39 AM »
Skinnycat is screaming: "LET MET OUT OF THIS BENCH!!! NOW"

She has a broken vertebra and a paralyzed tail, she needs 2 more weeks of bench rest at least before the vet decides if an operation is needed.

Oh no! Poor kitty!

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
Duster doesn't meow, he squeaks, and will come into the room when mummy is trying to sleep and squeak at me because, heaven forbid, he can see a spot of the bowl in between pieces of kibble (I had just filled the bowl when I woke DH up for work).