Wedding Bliss and Blues > Par-Tay!

Bridal Shower Invitation Question

(1/4) > >>

lofty:
All right, so I'm the MOH in an upcoming wedding and am working away at the bridal shower. It's scheduled for the end of June, so I figure invitations should be sent out in early May. Here's the big question - does the registry information go ON the invitation itself, tastefully added at the bottom, or does it go IN the envelope with the invitation on a separate card?

I ask as I've seen it suggested both ways and I'm not sure if one is more correct than the other. And no, I won't be stuffing the envelopes full of those little registry cards, I'd be creating matching registry information cards to match the shower invites.

Thoughts?

cattlekid:
The correct etiquette is neither.  Registry information is supposed to be provided through word of mouth.  The guest can ask, but the information is not supposed to be included with the invitation in any form.

lofty:

--- Quote from: cattlekid on March 04, 2014, 02:55:40 PM ---The correct etiquette is neither.  Registry information is supposed to be provided through word of mouth.  The guest can ask, but the information is not supposed to be included with the invitation in any form.

--- End quote ---
I know that's entirely true for the actual wedding invitations, but I was under the impression that the bridal shower was an entirely different story, i.e. the only invitation that registry information could be mentioned on/with.

kareng57:

--- Quote from: lofty on March 04, 2014, 02:58:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: cattlekid on March 04, 2014, 02:55:40 PM ---The correct etiquette is neither.  Registry information is supposed to be provided through word of mouth.  The guest can ask, but the information is not supposed to be included with the invitation in any form.

--- End quote ---
I know that's entirely true for the actual wedding invitations, but I was under the impression that the bridal shower was an entirely different story, i.e. the only invitation that registry information could be mentioned on/with.

--- End quote ---

That's also been my impression.  Showers are gift-giving occasions (that's their main purpose) so it's presumed that the guests might want this information.  I don't think it matters whether it's on the invitation or a separate card.

Weddings technically are not gift-giving occasions, although of course the great majority of guests will give them.  It's therefore not appropriate to provide registry information with the invitation.

Lynn2000:
POD to kareng57. If we are talking about shower invitations, I think it's okay to include registry information, and I don't think there's any rule about where it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version