Author Topic: Office Kitchen Wars  (Read 5506 times)

Oh Joy

Re: Office Kitchen Wars
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 09:54:28 AM »
I've been confounded in the past by people who become the Guardians of the Unused Space. 

As we were standing up to leave, they reached the table.  Table Guardian said, "You people at Megacorp have to stop thinking you own the place."

I was not as nice and polite, "Get a grip, lady.  We didn't take all the sits out of the table."

While I fully agree with your opening statement, I've also worked in office complexes where one or two larger companies seem to truly dominate the common space beyond the inevitability of having more employees.  It sounds like there were some issues with Megacorp's perception, and you missed an opportunity to improve relations while still enjoying use of the table.

spookycatlady

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »
Oh Joy-- it would have taken a lot from me to improve Megacorp's perception.  No one likes us.  Anywhere.  We are considered far and wide as an Evil Empire, regardless of table shenanigans.  ;) 

I just realized that never bothered with the courtyard after that, anyway.  I just couldn't be bothered with "No! That's my table! You losers go to the grassy knoll" kind of attitude.  High school was a long time ago and I have no desire to recreate any of those experiences.

oogyda

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:35 PM »
I too, would verify exactly what is meant by "access" to the kitchen. 

Or, I would request a table to be placed in your company's kitchen/break room. 
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.