Author Topic: Leaving Facebook - whoops now I'm back again!  (Read 3432 times)

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Re: Leaving Facebook - whoops now I'm back again!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:55 AM »
Oh, what a drama king!  Yes, I agree it makes sense to block and move on.  No need for you to respond to him - people will see (or have seen) what he is like and if he is vaguebooking about you, well, that is not going to cause level headed people to think poorly of *you* but rather of *him.*

mimi_cat

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
Oy. Drama Queen!

I agree with those who said you did the right thing.

And as far as no one seeing the way he talked to you - don't be too sure.  I would imagine that you are not the only person who has been on the receiving end of one of his tantrums. 

veronaz

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »
This reminds me of an older thread I saw here - I think it was called "Goodbye Cruel Forum".

If someone feels they are no longer enjoying a site/forum, fine.  Just go.  Buhbye, and have a nice life.  No need to announce it.

When people announce they are leaving a forum, FB, etc. they are just wanting attention.  They sit in front of the screen, watch and wait for others to beg them not to leave.  Pathetic.   ::)  ::)

Texas Mom

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 12:45:25 AM »
I see the "goodbye cruel forum" frequently at another place where I hang out.  When they return 3 days later, I laugh.

When they announce two weeks later they're leaving & then return again, I lose all respect for them.

It's a desperate play for attention.  I don't have time for it.

SingActDance

• You don't know me, but I'm famous.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
"Quitting Facebook" is the same thing as "running away" when you're a kid. Everyone knows you'll be back.
Most people look at musical theatre and think "Why are those people singing and dancing in the street?" I'm sort of the opposite. I see a street full of people and think, "Why aren't they?"

KaosP

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:51 PM »
"Quitting Facebook" is the same thing as "running away" when you're a kid. Everyone knows you'll be back.

This may be one of the most profound things I've seen on this subject! :)

luna_elvellon

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 08:00:32 AM »
Yep, I've got a couple friends who do this a lot of Facebook. One in particular always seems to have some reason for either leaving or dedicating her page exclusively to serious-minded updates, but without fail, she's back to posting like normal within a month or two, and I highly doubt I'm the only one who's noticed. So like everyone else said, if he's the sort of guy who loves doing this on Facebook, people will figure it out without you needing to call him out, plus it's probably easier to avoid further drama if you just leave it alone at this point.

spookycatlady

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
I've made two "I'm taking a hiatus" announcements.  I tried to do it in the most chipper way possible, but I felt an announcement was necessary because I stayed in touch with a lot of people solely through FB and I didn't want to let the friendships languish. 

The announcement was, "Hi!  I'm taking a break from Facebook.  Send me a PM if you need my personal details.  Cheers!"

My ex once did a weeklong thread of "Goodbye, cruel FB" in which he got into a heated argument with an aunt and they ended up severing their ties for good.  After a week of him regailling me with the next installment of the drama, I finally said, "How can anyone miss you, if you won't go away?"

He then made a big magnimonious announcement about how so many people begged him to stay, so he was going to grace us all with his continued presence, but outlined his rules that everyone had to follow or he would de-friend them.  My friends started calling him the Boss of Facebook and I found the whole process mortifying.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 11:22:59 PM »
Oooh, I would have been so tempted to post a message on his wall saying "I thought you were leaving?" But that would have been rude. You did the right thing in simply blocking him. He sounds like a Drama Llama (either that or he's slightly unhinged!).

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 01:04:47 AM »
He over-reacted twice, it clearly wasn't a heat of the moment thing - the guy sounds like an idiot.   To be honest, if your post had ended in anything other than you blocking him I would have been really disappointed!   You responded appropriately to his irrational and confrontational behaviour.
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"