Author Topic: Island Awesome, June 13th  (Read 509 times)

GSNW

Island Awesome, June 13th
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »
This wasn't my wedding, it is the wedding of two dear friends (I introduced them) and so they invited me to officiate.  The wedding was on a gorgeous beach on a tiny island off the coast of Puerto Rico.  I was invited to hang with the bride and two bridesmaids on the day of, and bride gifted us all with these really cool vintage pieces of jewelry (their theme was "vintage nautical," I do not have a great idea of what that means) that were all part of the same set.  I got the necklace, one bridesmaid got earrings, another the bracelet, and bride gave her mom the brooch pin.  Very cool.

The ceremony itself was not long.  The couple recited their own vows and we did a handfasting.  It took place at 6:30pm, so right before sunset.  After the beach wedding there was a reception on a tiny lawn area right off the beach.  The tables were named after various Disney things as the couple is big into Disney (the did a few photos with the Mickey and Minnie groom/bride ears on).  Our table was Cave of Wonders, for example, and another was called The Backside of Water.  We had a four-course dinner which included local cheeses and maybe the tastiest palate cleanser ever, raspberry sorbet with rosemary syrup.  I actually could have just eaten that. 

About 11pm, most of us changed into swimsuits and went swimming under the full moon.  Apparently the next Friday the 13th full moon will be 40 years to the day, so that'll make a great anniversary party!

The next day, the couple hosted a BBQ in the same location so everyone just came to the beach, relaxed, and ate BBQ.  They also brought out a cake at the BBQ for people who had birthdays the week of the wedding festivities, which was very thoughtful.  All told we spent five nights on the island and then DH and I flew to St. Croix for three nights alone together.  Such a great wedding!

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: Island Awesome, June 13th
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »
I just read your other 2 posts about your trip. I'm so glad something went well!

Sound lovely.