Author Topic: Picture Dilemma  (Read 3697 times)

BeautifulDisaster

Re: Picture Dilemma
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
If your sibling is fine with the photos being on FB then I see no reason to remove them. I'd respond with

"SIL, Brother has said he is fine with my posting pics of neice on my page. Since it makes you sad I'll understand if you want to block me page from your FB feed."

I agree.  I'd also limit/block her from seeing my feed from now on, even if it's something as innocuous as a comment about the weather.  With very few exceptions (and I can't even think what they could be off the top of my head), I wouldn't let anyone dictate what I post to my fb wall, especially a malicious sounding ex-in law.

There's a complicating factor, though, that this is the parent of a minor. I think they have more rights in this area than they would if it were a picture of an adult. Even if, as I suspect, they're doing it out of spite.

The minor has two parents and I'm deferring to the one related to me.

Sibling's response when I told them what was going on is not appropriate for Ehell, but the end result is that they dont want the pics removed so I hid them.

I have now been blocked by the spouse which is just fine with me.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Picture Dilemma
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
I think that's for the best. Facebook really isn't set up for dealing with families in these situations. You don't want exes seeing everything you're doing, but people feel that it's rude to defriend. Before social media, you just didn't talk.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."