Wedding Bliss and Blues > Paper Trail

Invitation Wording

(1/5) > >>

GlitterIsMyDrug:
I'm betting you all might have some ideas here, because we're scratching our heads and coming up blank.  So far our wedding invitation reads:

Glitter and Partner
Along with their families

And that's it. So far we've thought of:
Wish to invite you
Are pleased to invite you
Wound enjoy your attendance at

To segue into the next bit of we're getting hitched at this time at this place on this date. It's not super formal wedding, we're open to something more fun/funky. In fact we'd welcome it! But we're drawing blanks. The main points we want are our names (obviously) and families. We aren't in love with the idea of listing out our moms' names because we want to give a nod to our entire families (including our very close friends) who have been helping with the wedding.

So, e-hellions, any ideas?

TootsNYC:
request the pleasure of your company at...

is the classic ("honor of your presence" is usu. reserved for religious ceremonies, but that's probably negotiable)

Oh Joy:
Hmmm...I suppose part of it depends what you're calling this event.  She surprised you with a legal wedding a few weeks ago when you were visiting your uncle...or am I mixing you up with another poster?

EllenS:
I'd go classic on the wording "request the pleasure of your company" and funky on the design/color/typeface. It's easy to lose clear communication if you try to be too cute.  Everybody knows the form and what it means.

Also, by mixing classic with new, you get a kind of high/low aesthetic that is fun to play off of and adds resonance.

daen:

--- Quote from: GlitterIsMyDrug on March 13, 2014, 05:06:26 PM ---I'm betting you all might have some ideas here, because we're scratching our heads and coming up blank.  So far our wedding invitation reads:

Glitter and Partner
Along with their families

And that's it. So far we've thought of:
Wish to invite you
Are pleased to invite you
Wound enjoy your attendance at

To segue into the next bit of we're getting hitched at this time at this place on this date. It's not super formal wedding, we're open to something more fun/funky. In fact we'd welcome it! But we're drawing blanks. The main points we want are our names (obviously) and families. We aren't in love with the idea of listing out our moms' names because we want to give a nod to our entire families (including our very close friends) who have been helping with the wedding.

So, e-hellions, any ideas?

--- End quote ---

...invite you to celebrate...
...are delighted to invite you...

Not very inspired. I'll think about it a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version