Author Topic: We Wish for Money - A Poem  (Read 1596 times)

lofty

• My blog and shops
We Wish for Money - A Poem
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:28:23 PM »
BG: I design handmade and printable wedding invitations. I like it, and most of my brides do not belong in the bowels of eHell. I do help out with wording/etiquette questions when asked, but for the most part I cannot tell brides what to do; they're paying me for a service. I provide service. Everyone is happy! /End BG

Today, however, I have a bride that I wish I could look at ask what on EARTH she's thinking! :o Apparently it's the week for poetry, for she's purchased additional insert cards and given me a poem to put on them. Everyone please move away from sharp objects, sit and/or lay down, and put down the beverages. Ready?

If finding a gift is hard to do,
Perhaps our wishing well is for you!
A gift of money is placed in the well.
Then make a wish, but do not tell.
If a gift, however, is more your style,
Know that anything from you would make us smile.
Of course, the greatest gift we'll get from you
Is your presence when we say "I do"!

I tried to minimize it - are you sure this is necessary? You wanted that business card size, right? Oh yes she's sure, and no no, make it the same size as the RSVP.  :o

I just...I...I...ack!!!

All I can say is that this heinous etiquette offence will look stunning. Past that, I'm so ashamed to be even remotely associated with it.  :-[
Coffee and paper make everything better, hence why my blog is www.CaffeinatedPapercuts.com

GlitterIsMyDrug

Re: We Wish for Money - A Poem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »
How does the thought process work that if it's a rhyme it makes it ok?

Just saying:

At our wedding, we're going to have a wishing well if you want to give money, but buying a gift would be fine with us as well. Most importantly we want to see you.

Is the exact same thing but cuts through all that rhyming red tape. It's just as bad etiquette wise, but it's so much less annoying.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: We Wish for Money - A Poem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »
I think we've had enough of tacky poems that ----> "mean girl" poetry.

Sorry to spoil the fun.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.