Author Topic: Assembled my Veil and Tiara  (Read 563 times)

Alli8098

Assembled my Veil and Tiara
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:36:39 PM »
When I married the first time I didn't feel like paying an arm and leg for the veil and tiara.  So I went to my local craft store and got a veil piece that could be attached to a headpiece, comb, barrette, or so on.  I also got a wire headband, glass beads, and jewelry wire.  I attached the veil piece to a comb, and made a beaded tiara.  I think the whole thing cost me maybe $30.00.  I'm sure some veils and tiaras are not super expensive but I wanted a certain look and decided to do it myself.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:31:34 PM by Alli8098 »

spookycatlady

Re: Assembled my Veil and Tiara
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
I did the same thing.  Spent about $40, including veil, crystals, and a fascinator.  It looked similar to the one I wanted, which cost $150.  Took me about two hours and most of that was sewing in the crystals.

mime

Re: Assembled my Veil and Tiara
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
I did that, too! I had a 3-layer veil that went to the floor (so I could remove what was nearly the 'train' if it was too cumbersome). It had beadwork sprinkled throughout.

I've done the same for a few friends' veils. They'd show me a picture of something that was anywhere from $90-$300, and I'd do a similar piece for $15-$45 (plus whatever supplies I had on hand). So much of the cost is in the handwork.