General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Posting about wedding plans...

(1/9) > >>

Mental Magpie:
There are many people on my Facebook friends list that will not be invited to my wedding.  Is it rude of me to post wedding planning things?  All I've really posted so far are things like "Found the dress!" or "My ring is back from being repaired!". 

TeamBhakta:
If you go under your list settings, you can make a list of people that should be able to see wedding news posts. So every time you want to post things like "found the perfect venue", change the privacy setting of your post to "Wedding List" or whatever you want to call it. Then people who aren't invited won't see that type of post on your page.

peaches:

--- Quote from: TeamBhakta on March 15, 2014, 07:57:04 PM ---If you go under your list settings, you can make a list of people that should be able to see wedding news posts. So every time you want to post things like "found the perfect venue", change the privacy setting of your post to "Wedding List" or whatever you want to call it. Then people who aren't invited won't see that type of post on your page.

--- End quote ---

This is a great solution.

Posting details of a wedding that some readers aren't invited to could cause hurt feelings.

Another option would be to open up a wedding website, and give the web address to those who are invited.
(The website might be discovered by some people who aren't invited, but they'd have to make an effort to go to it, rather than having wedding details shown to them without asking for them.)

HannahGrace:
I don't post anything about my wedding on FB because I think it's rude to those who aren't invited.  Also, to be frank, no one cares but you (and perhaps your fiancÚ although probably less about the details than you do).  If people in my life ask questions directly, I'll answer them, but I don't think it's appropriate for Facebook unless your whole friend list is invited (and even then, I doubt most of them want to know the daily, gory details of the planning process).

ClaireC79:

--- Quote from: Kaymar on March 16, 2014, 10:34:05 AM ---.  Also, to be frank, no one cares but you
--- End quote ---

To be fair no one cares about the majority of status updates on facebook - doesn't make it rude

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version