News:

• April 19, 2018, 07:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Type Of Vacation?  (Read 8576 times)

Team HoundMom

Re: What Is Your Favorite Type Of Vacation?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »
A race vacation!  A half-marathon or something in a different city.  I'm not a big Disney fan but their races are really well done.  A little pricey but totally worth it.  My first half-marathon was at Disneyland on my 37th birthday.  My full marathon was in Victoria, BC last year.  I've got a half-marathon in Alaska coming up this June and I'm planning for The Dopey + The Avengers (for the Disney Coast-to-Coast Medal) in 2016.

Thipu1

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
One of the things we love about a cruise vacation is the ability to have a 'sea day' while in port.  We've been to the Caribbean so many times that we actually plan our itinerary for these. 

Once the passengers taking tours have all left,  we'll take a little walk around town for a change of scene, then go back to the ship and enjoy the pool when there are only a few like-minded individuals there.

It's far more restful than going to a beach and coming back with sand in everything. 

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2014, 07:24:03 PM »
Give me a tropical island, a sandy beach and a fruity rum drink and I'm in heaven. I have a fantasy of making that my retirement plan but I'm not sure that DH is entirely on board with that idea. We'll see.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Sirius

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2014, 07:31:17 PM »
My favorite place to vacation is the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport Oregon, which is a couple of hours from where I live.  All the rooms are decorated on the motifs of different authors, and there are no phones or TVs in the rooms.  The place is designed for people who like to read, and that's both me and MR. Sirius 100%.  We also go to a lot of used book stores that area in the area, and come home with a trunk full. 

Lynn2000

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »
My favorite place to vacation is the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport Oregon, which is a couple of hours from where I live.  All the rooms are decorated on the motifs of different authors, and there are no phones or TVs in the rooms.  The place is designed for people who like to read, and that's both me and MR. Sirius 100%.  We also go to a lot of used book stores that area in the area, and come home with a trunk full.

That sounds really awesome! :)
~Lynn2000

Baby Snakes

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »
When our kids were young we would go to Ocean City in Maryland. Now that it is only DH and I we try to go someplace diffey summer. This year is our 25th wedding anniversary and we're going to the Florida Keys and especially Key West. I can't wait!!

Klein Bottle

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »
When our kids were young we would go to Ocean City in Maryland. Now that it is only DH and I we try to go someplace diffey summer. This year is our 25th wedding anniversary and we're going to the Florida Keys and especially Key West. I can't wait!!

I am green with envy!  Key West is a place I have always wanted to visit. 

That sounds really awesome! :)

What a great theme for a hotel!  As an avid reader, I'd love it, too.
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

gmatoy

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
I like travelling with my sister to places that strike a note?

Last summer, we went to the Quilters Museum in Paducah, KY and drove to Metropolis, Illinois (the city has a large statue of Superman and Lois Lane).

This Summer, when I visit family in NJ, Sister and I will be travelling in New England. We both are intrigued with the Haskell Library and Opera House that was purposely built that half of it is in Derby line, VT and half in Stanstead, Quebec.
We are also planning to take the ferry from Cape May to Delaware, and tour the Zwaanendael Museum.
I went to Cape May for a day 38 years ago and have always wanted to go back! (Sister was taking Coast Guard basic training and I spent longer on the bus coming and going than I spent with her! But it was worth it because no one had come to see me when I took Army basic training in Alabama.) Truly a beautiful city!