Author Topic: Looking for a marinade for a small pork roast...  (Read 348 times)

allthelittledaisies

Looking for a marinade for a small pork roast...
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
I have plenty of ingredients to play with, e-Hellions, but no idea really what goes with pork. Why yes, learning to cook IS fun!  ;D Please share your favorite pork marinades, or rubs, or...whatever it is that makes pork roasts delicious! For instance I just bought some good honey and fresh rosemary, what can I do with it?

allthelittledaisies

Re: Looking for a marinade for a small pork roast...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »
Oh goodness, either of those sound delicious! And they're both possible. And I'm sort of tempted to combine the two...because bacon is delicious. My grammar and sentence structure here proves that I should not post while hungry. Oh boy!

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
   I use the recipe pork tenderloin Diane sauce as a marinate/poaching sauce for pork roast...http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2013/11/pork-tenderloin-diane.html

I saute mushrooms and onions then add all the other ingredients(+ and extra 1/2 cup of chicken broth) and pour over the pork roast and roast for 90 ish minutes (depending on weight)

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 11:14:49 PM »

If you want really easy, fresh lemon or lime juice and zest, *lots* of freshly ground black pepper and olive oil. Use the marinade as basting liquid, and finish with a bit of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.

allthelittledaisies

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 03:13:51 AM »
We just finished dinner, and I'd say it turned out pretty good. For the marinade I chopped up some rosemary and garlic, added salt and pepper, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a tablespoon or so of mustard, some honey and I let the roast and accompanying veggies (bell peppers, mushrooms, potatoes and onions) sit and marinate for an hour or so. Nom! Thanks for the ideas, you guys!