Author Topic: Clumsy me  (Read 932 times)

shopkeeper

Clumsy me
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:51:58 AM »
I was at Starbucks pulling the lid off of my latte to add sugar when I ended up spilling the drink all over my hand.  I was annoyed with myself and didn't notice that my hand was turning beet red.  Two ladies noticed my accident and immediately went into action.  They had the barista give me a gel specifically for burns (Starbucks must have its fair share of clumsy patrons like me), had them give me a fresh drink, and made sure that I was okay before they left.  I've tripped and fallen on my face a few times where passersby did exactly that--pass by.  So I was especially grateful to these ladies. 

brooklyngirl

Re: Clumsy me
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:56:52 PM »
What a nice story! Sometimes, people are really wonderful. I hope your hand is ok now.

A few years ago, I was in Bar Harbor, Maine on vacation.  I had been having some trouble with my right knee being a bit weak.  Coming out of a store I stepped down onto the sidewalk, and my right knee collapsed under me, making me fall onto my left knee and scraping it. 

5 or 6 people rushed over, helped me up, and made sure I was ok. I was basically fine, although I had to go to the nearest drugstore to get bandaids for my left knee, which was bleeding a bit.

When those people came over, I knew for sure I wasn't in New York anymore. (I'm a New Yorker, and proud of it, but people here can be cold and clueless sometimes).

shopkeeper

Re: Clumsy me
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 12:59:01 AM »
My hand is fine now.  Thanks for asking, Future Librarian.  It's good to know that there still are kind and thoughtful people in this world.   :)