General Etiquette > Life...in general

How long should you wait for an appointment?

(1/7) > >>

ILoveMyCello:
I've been sitting for 25 minutes waiting for my accountant to do my taxes. The couple before me is very elderly and talking entirely too much. I can tell he's trying to get them out. What is proper etiquette?  He knows we are here

ILoveMyCello:
Can I knock on the door???

GreenHall:
Is there a receptionist available to ask about a timeline?  Could you ask about using another accountant?  I can understand both of your dilemmas - YOU want the appointment time you scheduled your day around, and he wants to make ALL his clients happy. 

(off topic, but it took me an embarrassing amount of time to find the Spell Check button)  :-[

bopper:
Is there a receptionist?

If no, you could possibly knock on the door and say "I just wanted to let you know we are here when you are done with your clients." 

Maybe that will spur them on. Maybe he can use that to tell them to make a second appt.

Queen of Clubs:
If there's no receptionist to ask (as Greenhall suggested) then, yeah, maybe quietly knock on the door and ask how much longer you'll have to wait.  If you're 25 minutes past your appointment time now, I don't think anyone could blame you for speaking up about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version