General Etiquette > Life...in general

How long should you wait for an appointment?

<< < (2/7) > >>

ILoveMyCello:
His receptionist is his wife but she's not here all the time. Today she isn't here. He just came out and said it wouldn't be too long. My taxes are pretty quick, I don't own a home or anything. I just want to get these elderly people to stop having personal conversations. I can tell he's trying to hurry them up-I just think it's rude to do that when people are waiting.

Betelnut:
30 minutes is my standard.  Perhaps knocking would help.

ILoveMyCello:
How long should I keep waiting? I would rather grab some lunch and come back!

wolfie:

--- Quote from: ILoveMyCello on March 28, 2014, 11:37:20 AM ---How long should I keep waiting? I would rather grab some lunch and come back!

--- End quote ---

I would knock and ask if you need to reschedule.

JenJay:

--- Quote from: wolfie on March 28, 2014, 11:38:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: ILoveMyCello on March 28, 2014, 11:37:20 AM ---How long should I keep waiting? I would rather grab some lunch and come back!

--- End quote ---

I would knock and ask if you need to reschedule.

--- End quote ---

Yes, or say "I can see you're running behind. I'm going to get some lunch. Will you be able to reschedule me for 1pm?"

I don't have much sympathy for the accountant because it's really him that's keeping you waiting. He needed to say to the couple "I'd love to continue our visit, however, I have another appointment now and it would be rude of me to keep her waiting. If you have any questions please give me a call..." as he stands up and moved toward the door.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version