General Etiquette > Life...in general

The bouncer.

<< < (2/3) > >>

JenJay:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on March 31, 2014, 12:07:17 PM ---I think you were fine. You were gentle and polite. 

The people who decided to seat their bouncing friend on your couch rather than on theirs were being a bit rude.  They did not want the annoyance but they could easily pass it off to unsuspecting strangers.

This almost belongs in the SS thread.  The man doing the bouncing wasn't the SS.  The people who foisted him off on you were.   

--- End quote ---

I agree!

m2kbug:
The only thing I would change is touching his leg.  Either speak louder or tap a shoulder.  You weren't rude at all.

NutellaNut:
I think you were fine, OP.

But I have a question - was their couch smaller than yours? Or did they have a fourth friend show up?  If it was not, I am puzzled as to why they assumed they should seat the bouncer on your couch.  They should have filled up their couch with their party before going outside of it.

TurtleDove:

--- Quote from: NutellaNut on March 31, 2014, 12:57:56 PM ---I think you were fine, OP.

But I have a question - was their couch smaller than yours? Or did they have a fourth friend show up?  If it was not, I am puzzled as to why they assumed they should seat the bouncer on your couch.  They should have filled up their couch with their party before going outside of it.

--- End quote ---

This was my question also.  I think the OP handled this well, although if it were me I would have definitely suggested they fill their couch rather than ask to share mine.  I also would choose regular seats and not a couch in the future.

Ginger G:
Were the couches the same size?  If so, why on earth would he want to squeeze in next to two strangers instead of his friends?  I think you were fine to ask him to stop bouncing, that would have driven me crazy too! 

I recently had a similiar experience on an airplane.  I was in the window seat and a young lady sat next to me and crossed her legs and then proceeded to bounce one of them vigorously, shaking my seat in the process.  I sat there for a few minutes wondering what to do.  I then noticed that across the aisle and one row up was a completely empty row, so as soon as the seatbelt sign went off I excused myself and went and moved to that row.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version