Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

"No Dog Should Ever Be In An Apartment!"

(1/24) > >>

ArztWolf:
I volunteer at a rescue where some of the employees/volunteer are a little, shall we say zealous, about rescuing. I got to hear this gem today after a potential adopter mentioned moving into an apartment (she said this out of his hearing), "No dog should EVER be made to live in an apartment!". ??? So little 3lb Fifi should stay in a cage instead of going to a loving family who happens to live in an apartment that allows dogs? (Man was interested in a small, quiet dog they have).

Some of the adoption coordinators are lacking in the social skills department. One man is so abrupt and blunt that he can be very intimidating and one lady practically interrogates anyone who comes to the shelter.

Please pass the Calgon:
ROFL....I'd have pointed out that Great Danes, one of the largest breeds there is, make excellent apartment dogs. Yes, they need walks & outings to exercise/socialize, but they do very well in small spaces.

Goosey:

--- Quote from: Please pass the Calgon on April 01, 2014, 03:10:41 PM ---ROFL....I'd have pointed out that Great Danes, one of the largest breeds there is, make excellent apartment dogs. Yes, they need walks & outings to exercise/socialize, but they do very well in small spaces.

--- End quote ---

Same with Newfies and Mastiffs.

Try taking a mastiff with you on a long walk. Mine would sit at the end of the driveway and refuse to budge :-P

I was once denied an adoption because I crate train. Evidently, it's "cruel". Another time, because I was married to someone in the military. That one is more understandable, though, because it's shameful how many animals are dumped at shelters by service members because they were PCSed somewhere.

Morty'sCleaningLady:
My 11 pound rat terrier and my 14 pound shih Tzu mix both came home to condos.  They were fine with the surroundings.  I understand that not all dogs are, but condos (or apartments) that allow dogs are often great homes for low key pets.

EMuir:
I seriously have to remind myself that I support the organization, and the people may or may not represent it well. And sometimes I have to ignore the people and just stick by the shelter. Sigh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version