Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Baby shower...without the MTB

(1/8) > >>

Katana_Geldar:
This isn't something I've encountered personally but on another website I frequent.

MTB's baby shower is next week, there's about fifty guests including quite a few coming in from out of town from the occasion...except the MTB can't come. She's on hospital bed rest and will be until the baby is born. The shower is still going ahead without her and she's not very happy about it. They are going to skype her in at some point, but the hospital can't allow her to go and there are too many people to bring the shower to her.

Thoughts? If I was the MTB I'd be very upset that I couldn't go to my own shower, and if I was the hostess I'd postpone it to after the birth and help the MTB with a meet the baby party.

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: Katana_Geldar on April 03, 2014, 04:58:44 PM ---Thoughts? If I was the MTB I'd be very upset that I couldn't go to my own shower, and if I was the hostess I'd postpone it to after the birth and help the MTB with a meet the baby party.

--- End quote ---

This is what I'd do.  If any of the out of town guests were flying in, I wouldn't have them change their plans and just take them in to see the MTB a few at a time if it is allowed.

ETA:  Provided the host won't be out money for renting a hall or catering or something. In that case, yes, I would go ahead as planned and try to organize something for after the baby is born.

shhh its me:
  I can understand the MTB feelings, but at the same time the host may not be able to cancel it. The host would also have zero obligation to host a different party  at a later date, I agree that I likely would do something else for the MTB I just don't think there is an obligation to do so.

Katana_Geldar:
The thing that got me was how the MTB was upset she couldn't attend her own shower and it was going ahead anyway.

Two Ravens:

--- Quote from: Katana_Geldar on April 03, 2014, 05:10:02 PM ---The thing that got me was how the MTB was upset she couldn't attend her own shower and it was going ahead anyway.

--- End quote ---

Well, I can understand being upset, but would she rather have the hostess lose her deposit and have all the food go to waste? I am sure she can have a Meet the Baby party after she has safely delivered that everyone will be happy to attend...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version