News:

• February 21, 2018, 05:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 10 worst co-workers of all time  (Read 12774 times)

bopper

The 10 worst co-workers of all time
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

SeptGurl

• Formerly Coley
Re: The 10 worst co-workers of all time
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
I've been waiting for this list!

#7 is so high school. In fact, it reminds me of a situation that did happen at my high school. The popular clique of girls threw a holiday party, invited only themselves, called it "The Senior Girls' Christmas Party," and got photos of it placed in our yearbook as if it were a school event.

darling

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »
And down the rabbit hole I go... I didn't really need to get anything done today...  ;D

siamesecat2965

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:54 AM »
Wow. My CWs and I complain about others here, but nothing this egregious has ever happened. I Guess we're lucky.

Coralreef

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »
They forgot the one who almost burned down the place and is still employed.   >:( ::)
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Office coffee cup.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »
I've told this tale elsewhere on eHell, but my husband once worked for a company with multiple locations that still issued paper checks for payroll. Every 2 weeks, he would get his check and take it to the bank. The bank would then have to call the company's main office to verify the check before he could cash it. Why? Because an employee had once stolen their checkbook, put it to use, and been REHIRED within 24 hours. Between that and the drunk manager at one location, it seemed the best way to move up in that organization was to do everything that would get you fired anywhere else.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

MissBrit

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »
What about the coworker who likes to talk smack about everyone at the job that she doesn't like and act like a bully. I worked with someone like that and it was a nightmare!

veronaz

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 06:37:39 PM »
The backstabber and the whiner top my list.

AuntyEm

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:39 AM »
Am trying to keep my cool sitting by a woman who has just started talking baby talk to all the guys in the office and screaching to get attention.  Not sure what has triggered this behavior but it's maddening.

DanaJ

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »
The Lunch Stealer is so egregious it actually sounds like a fake entry. Rummaging through a co-worker's desk without permission is already beyond the pale, but stealing someone's lunch???

The only solution is to tender a formal complaint or else buy a small metal toolbox, or luggage that can be locked with a small padlock. That might get the point across.

I had a co-worker who would take your sandwich off your desk and start eating it. When you got angry he would giggle and walk away. He thought it was "cute", like he was Cookie Monster or something. His manager told him to stop, to no effect. A bunch of us started bringing in really, really, really old leftovers as decoy foods and he finally took the hint.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:54:04 PM by DanaJ »

MrTango

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »
The Lunch Stealer is so egregious it actually saounds like a fake entry. Rummaging through a co-worker's desk without permisison is already beyond the pale, but stealing someone's lunch???

The only solution is to tender a formal complaint or else buy a small metal toolbox, or luggage that can be locked with a small padlock. That might get the point across.

I had a co-worker who would take your sandwich off your desk and start eating it. When you got angry he would giggle and walk away. He thought it was "cute", like he was Cookie Monster or something. His manager told him to stop, to no effect. A bunch of us started bringing in really, really, really old leftovers as decoy foods and he finally took the hint.

Yeah, that's pretty bad.  I personally feel that stealing someone's lunch should be treated as stealing property from the company:  if you get caught, you're fired.  No warnings, no write-ups, just termination.

DanaJ

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty bad.  I personally feel that stealing someone's lunch should be treated as stealing property from the company:  if you get caught, you're fired.  No warnings, no write-ups, just termination.
I agree. It's petty theft. Perticularly since it was in her desk drawer and not in a common area of the office like the fridge, where one might be able to claim it was a mistake.

If I regularly took $5 from my co-workers purse when she was in meetings, I'd be fired.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
The Lunch Stealer is so egregious it actually sounds like a fake entry. Rummaging through a co-worker's desk without permission is already beyond the pale, but stealing someone's lunch???

As many, many threads here have shown, this is all too common.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

DanaJ

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »

As many, many threads here have shown, this is all too common.
I've seen "stolen from the office fridge" often, but never "stolen from my closed, desk drawer" except in the rarest of occasions where someone was stuck working really late and had few options, "borrowed" a pouch of instant soup or something. I've never heard of a boss who would wait until the employee had left his/her workstation to deliberately steal their lunch.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
DH works with a #6 (The Money Grubber).  His coworker has borrowed thousands of dollars from nearly every other employee because she and her family live above their means.

Once she came in crying because her electricity was going to be turned off since she had no money to pay the bill.  Someone loaned her $300.00.  What did she do?  Bought satellite radio for her husband's truck.  Funny thing is, she's never asked DH for money.  I think she knows he just won't.