Wedding Bliss and Blues > Where Do I Start?

Wedding reenactment-- really hope I convinced my friend not to.

<< < (2/29) > >>

ladyknight1:
I agree that this seems like a bad plan. A small wedding with only immediate family and a big party later seems the best way to go.

Luci:
A couple did that to me once. I admit that I felt betrayed somehow.

They could also have the wedding performed by a minister or priest if they feel it important to married before God. Clergymen often perform small weddings with no elaboration.

I like the reception later on. Fun way to spend the first anniversary!

ladyknight1:
Our church specializes in small, low or no cost weddings for religious reasons. The congregation will throw them a reception, if the HC so desires.

cicero:
I don't like the idea either.

When my father got married to his current wife - he had been married twice before, widowed from my mother and then divorced from wife number 2; she had been married twice before, divorced from her first husband/father of her children and second marraige ended in divorce after about five minutes. so since they had both been in bad second marriages (and she had been in a bad first marriage), they decided to have a very small wedding (literally very close family/very close friends only). a year later they threw a big lovely bash for all their friends and family.

for your friends - where you say money is very tight - i'm curious why would they even want a big wedding?

Cz. Burrito:

--- Quote from: cicero on April 06, 2014, 05:52:07 AM ---for your friends - where you say money is very tight - i'm curious why would they even want a big wedding?

--- End quote ---

I'm not entirely sure. It will be her third marriage and his second.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version