Author Topic: S/O of Unsolved RL Crimes - What solved crime will always give you the chills?  (Read 27207 times)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
i think that what always disturbs me the most are those cases of little kids who fall between the cracks - the cases of little children who are murdered or die in some stupid accident and after they are dead, it turns out that they lived a life of fear, terror, neglect, abuse, and the writing was on the wall only nobody was reading. so it's not just that they ended up tortured and dead, but their whole short lives leading up to their last day was a life full of strife. and all of a sudden after their death there are people talking about it, and investigations, and strangers leaving little teddy bears near the scene of the crime... seems like such a terrible thing that that little kid lived through life with no love and nobody reaching out and only after their death do people seem to care.
Often times there are no witnesses to the abuse and no chance for the child to ask for help because they are preverbal or not in school yet.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Philpott

I don't believe in the death penalty but I'd be willing to make an exception in the case of this miserable excuse of a man. I can't think about these poor bairnies without crying.
If they had just thrown away the key after the first crimes he wouldn't have been able to kill 6 children.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
Both of the Houston Candyman Murders -

Ronald Clark O'Bryan - the man who ruined Halloween. Murdered his son and attempted to murder his daughter for insurance money. He also attempted to murder several other children to make it look like a mythical Halloween poisoning. He used poisoned pixi sticks. I wasn't allowed to have pixi sticks for years after the murder.

Dean Coril (his family ran a candy factory and he used to give out samples near schools in the Heights) He and his accomplices murdered at least 28 young men and are suspected in at least 29 other murders. At the time of the crimes being discovered he was the worse serial killer in US history.

Henry Lee Lucas was arrested near where I went to University and was thought to have murdered people from several small towns where my classmates were from. What chills me now is how many murderers are free now because Henry Lee Lucas confessed to their crimes?

Betelnut

The murders of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, her son and granddaughter.  They are the only people who I have know personally who have been murdered.  Apparently, they were also held captive for a long time.  The fear must of have been immense.  It just gives me the shudders, I guess, because I actually had met Madalyn and Robin.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Bethczar

Another one is the horrible, sad Andrea Yates story.
I remember what awful things people said about her, like she was evil incarnate. She was a sad, sick unstable woman who got pushed too far. Her husband was warned that she should not have more children, as well as that she should not be left alone with them. And yet he allowed both of those things to happen.

I believe she is serving life somewhere. I hope she has found some peace from her demons.

Hillia

My memory of details is very vague, but I remember reading about a man who was angry at his wife.  So he convinced her to get pregnant, then waited til the baby was about 6 months old and killed it. That's bad enough, but he told investigators he waited til the baby was 6 months old so his wife would have time to bond and the death would hurt her more.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

StarFaerie

Jeffrey Dahmer doing amateur prefrontal lobotomies on his victims with hydrochloric acid and boiling water so they would be controllable.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
My memory of details is very vague, but I remember reading about a man who was angry at his wife.  So he convinced her to get pregnant, then waited til the baby was about 6 months old and killed it. That's bad enough, but he told investigators he waited til the baby was 6 months old so his wife would have time to bond and the death would hurt her more.

...Evil doesn't even begin to describe what that act is.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.

...Evil doesn't even begin to describe what that act is.

That's so bad I wouldn't even insult evil with that comparison.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jolyan

I remember what awful things people said about her, like she was evil incarnate. She was a sad, sick unstable woman who got pushed too far. Her husband was warned that she should not have more children, as well as that she should not be left alone with them. And yet he allowed both of those things to happen.

I believe she is serving life somewhere. I hope she has found some peace from her demons.
Her life sentence was overturned. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity. She is in a low security state mental hospital.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!

Her life sentence was overturned. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity. She is in a low security state mental hospital.
Thanks!  If anyone was legally insane at the time of the crime, that poor woman was.  It is beyond me that anyone could read her testimony and NOT think that she was BSC.  IIRC, she said that she had to kill her children while they were still young and pure enough to go to Heaven, because the Evil One told her that he was going to corrupt them and take them off to the Hot Place. 

And her husband had the gall to state that 'all depressed people needed was a "swift kick in the pants" to get them motivated.'  If anyone is guilty of their murder, HE is, for leaving them alone with a woman that he knew was unbalanced.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:08:13 AM by Elfmama »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

veronaz

The abduction and murder of John Walsh's son, Adam.  :'(

nuit93

The abduction and murder of John Walsh's son, Adam.  :'(

My mother was pregnant with me (her first child) when that happened.

Needless to say I wasn't allowed out of her sight much.

Ginger G

I saw this story on the ID network a while back and it really chilled me.  Then I was channel surfing a week or so ago and Dr. Phil was covering the same case.  I didn't remember the ID program saying that this man had killed his mother as a teenager, so they either didn't mention it or I missed that part.  When I saw it on ID, it chilled me badly enough, but finding out the additional background just makes it so much worse.

When he was 13 years old Charlie Brandt, shot and killed his 8 months pregnant mother and attempted to murder his father and one of his sisters.  They could find no reason for the murder, nor could they diagnose an actual mental illness that would cause him to do it.  He did spend a year in a mental institution, he was released and the family moved to Florida where no one knew them.

Charlie Brandt grew up and married a woman named Teri.  The man who introduced him did know about Charlie's past but did not tell her.  The man was actually married to Charlie's sister who he had tried to kill back in 1971.  This was the main point of discussion on the Dr. Phil show, whether you would tell someone a secret like that or not.  Something like 70+% of people said they would NOT tell!

In 2004, Charlie and Teri went to Orlando to spend the weekend with Teri's niece Michelle.  After several days of no contact from Michelle, her mother asked a friend to go check on her.  The friend could see into the garage and saw Charlie's body hanging there.  The police were called and upon entry into the house found Teri stabbed to death on the sofa.  They found Michelle's body in her bedroom, and I won't go into the graphic details, but Charlie had done some really hideous stuff to her body.  It turns out that Charlie had been obsessed with Michelle for some time and had probably planned the whole thing.   Charlie Brandt is also considered the most likely culprit in at least one other unsolved murder and possibly more.

Dazi

• like the flower
These are all just crazy stories.    ???
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah