Author Topic: S/O of Unsolved RL Crimes - What solved crime will always give you the chills?  (Read 27404 times)

Cherry91

These are all just crazy stories.    ???

Scary what some folk are capable of, isn't it?

Asharah

http://everything2.com/title/Richardson+Family+Murders
And she's only getting 10 years for this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laurie_Show
Lets see, you stalk and murder the girl your boyfriend raped, then claim you were framed by cops who gang-raped you? And she actually suckered a judge into believing any of this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shanda_Sharer
Just completely disturbing.
Asharah

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
Harold Shipman.  His calm self-righteousness chilled me.

Mikayla

The worst one for me was the Clutter family in Kansas (In Cold Blood).  I think I saw the movie at too young an age, and the horror of a family just going about their daily business, leading a quiet happy life....and then hell showed up at their front door.   I've never spent a night alone in a single family house with stairs, and I'm sure this is why.

The other one that chilled me was Jessica Lunsford.  She was assaulted several times in a trailer with family members aware what was going on.  Then she was buried alive with her favorite stuffed animal, and there were holes in the bag where she tried to break out.   

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
  Another one is the horrible, sad Andrea Yates story.
I remember what awful things people said about her, like she was evil incarnate. She was a sad, sick unstable woman who got pushed too far. Her husband was warned that she should not have more children, as well as that she should not be left alone with them. And yet he allowed both of those things to happen.

I believe she is serving life somewhere. I hope she has found some peace from her demons.
Her life sentence was overturned. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity. She is in a low security state mental hospital.
Thanks!  If anyone was legally insane at the time of the crime, that poor woman was.  It is beyond me that anyone could read her testimony and NOT think that she was BSC.  IIRC, she said that she had to kill her children while they were still young and pure enough to go to Heaven, because the Evil One told her that he was going to corrupt them and take them off to the Hot Place. 

And her husband had the gall to state that 'all depressed people needed was a "swift kick in the pants" to get them motivated.'  If anyone is guilty of their murder, HE is, for leaving them alone with a woman that he knew was unbalanced.

Well, and she clearly was suffering from post - partum psychosis, which is far worse even than PPD, which is terrible enough itself. That poor woman.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

cass2591

• Global Moderator
My memory of details is very vague, but I remember reading about a man who was angry at his wife.  So he convinced her to get pregnant, then waited til the baby was about 6 months old and killed it. That's bad enough, but he told investigators he waited til the baby was 6 months old so his wife would have time to bond and the death would hurt her more.

I too vaguely recall a similar story. I lived in Chicago then. I think the murder happened at least 10 years ago and probably more, and for some reason I think they lived in Indiana, not sure where, but the story was so disturbing I'm surprised Court TV, which was still Court TV, didn't glom onto it. I only heard about it on the local news and in the paper, and then nothing.

But I soon forgot about it as there was no further publicity. I figured the guy pled out to avoid the death penalty and went off to spend his life in the big house. His account of the premeditation and plotting to kill a child for revenge on his wife was beyond chilling. I believe his revenge was based on her cheating on him prior to their wedding. Because something like that justifies what this low life did, right?
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Asharah

I remember what awful things people said about her, like she was evil incarnate. She was a sad, sick unstable woman who got pushed too far. Her husband was warned that she should not have more children, as well as that she should not be left alone with them. And yet he allowed both of those things to happen.

I believe she is serving life somewhere. I hope she has found some peace from her demons.
Her life sentence was overturned. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity. She is in a low security state mental hospital.
Thanks!  If anyone was legally insane at the time of the crime, that poor woman was.  It is beyond me that anyone could read her testimony and NOT think that she was BSC.  IIRC, she said that she had to kill her children while they were still young and pure enough to go to Heaven, because the Evil One told her that he was going to corrupt them and take them off to the Hot Place. 

And her husband had the gall to state that 'all depressed people needed was a "swift kick in the pants" to get them motivated.'  If anyone is guilty of their murder, HE is, for leaving them alone with a woman that he knew was unbalanced.

Well, and she clearly was suffering from post - partum psychosis, which is far worse even than PPD, which is terrible enough itself. That poor woman.
Saw a story on her on an ID show. Wanted to track down her hubby and ask "What part of 'DO NOT leave her alone with the children," did you fail to understand?" The grandmother was supposed to be there to help her while hubby worked, but he started asking her not to come until X time because he thought Andrea shouldn't get accustomed to other people caring for the children for her.  ::)
Asharah

Cz. Burrito

http://qctimes.com/klindt-timeline/article_94739f4e-e55c-11df-b0cb-001cc4c002e0.html

Local chiro killed his wife and dismembered her with a chainsaw.  Her remains (some) were found in the Mississippi River.

I don't look to closely in the water now just because I would hate to come across a body.  There have been quite a few bodies pulled from the Mississippi this past winter.

I live near a dam on the Mississippi.  It tends to be where bodies end up that went, um, missing upstream.  Usually suicides because there are a couple of (unfortunately) popular jumping bridges upstream.  There was a murder victim found under a barge near where I live (http://www.startribune.com/local/east/206819541.html).   While I frequently walk and bike along the river, you couldn't pay me to go kayaking or canoeing in it.  I don't want to be the person who finds somebody in the river.  :(

squeakers

I just wandered past this site http://murderpedia.org/ It lists murderers by sex, country, name and even state.   The cases are detailed nicely.... enough to give you nightmares if you read enough of them or read just one that resonates too much.

This one occurred in 1937.. the woman killed herself and her 6 children. http://murderpedia.org/female.N/n/nollen-elsie.htm

There are even older cases which just goes to show that crazy or evil knows no timeline.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

becktheriddler

Two words. Albert Fish. A true monster
By Grabthat's Hammer...what a savings!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
^ Yes.

Dorothea Puente would kill boarders for profit.  http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/women/puente/1.html

BigBadBetty

Yes! The psychiatrist told them that she should not get pregnant again after her second-to-last child because of her history of PPD. He thought they should have as many children as possible. A second doctor warned him not to leave her alone with the children. Of course, he knew better.

gmatoy

Yes! The psychiatrist told them that she should not get pregnant again after her second-to-last child because of her history of PPD. He thought they should have as many children as possible. A second doctor warned him not to leave her alone with the children. Of course, he knew better.

I just want to thank everyone for stating exactly what I thought and said about this "man." My DH thought I was too judgmental; however, I felt that Mr. Yates was more responsible for those deaths than his wife.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laurie_Show
Lets see, you stalk and murder the girl your boyfriend raped, then claim you were framed by cops who gang-raped you? And she actually suckered a judge into believing any of this?

This one has stayed with me since I read about it.  The perpetrators were such train wrecks.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
The one that has haunted me was in Belium.

Marc Dutroux

One set of his victims were two girls who had gone for a walk; they were kept underground and when the guy was arrested, they starved to death.

And the cops had so much opportunity to have stopped him.