Wedding Bliss and Blues > Paper Trail

You are NOT invited to our wedding notice?

(1/5) > >>

hopeful4:
Seems there is a new trend in weddings, the non-invite.  That is, letting people who think they will be invited to a wedding know that they will NOT be.   Wow.    Here is a link from TODAY. 

http://thelook.today.com/_news/2013/02/07/16871656-youre-not-invited-alerts-new-wedding-trend-draws-criticism?lite

MummySweet:
I think "unnecessary and narcissistic" says it all.   

Seven Ate Nine:
I think it's rude, beyond a doubt, but I wonder if some people feel that it's necessary with all of the horror stories of MIL inviting 30 extra people, and cousin Beth adding her 4 kids onto the invitation.  Unfortunately, it seems that some people think that if they've met the bride or groom then they MUST be invited to the wedding.  Apparently this is the preemptive clue by four that some couples are deciding to use.

mime:
I find it interesting that the article tells how off-putting this practice is, but then offers tips to couples who decide to do it anyway. Why can't the 'tip' be: "don't do it"?

wolfie:

--- Quote from: mime on April 07, 2014, 10:11:46 AM ---I find it interesting that the article tells how off-putting this practice is, but then offers tips to couples who decide to do it anyway. Why can't the 'tip' be: "don't do it"?

--- End quote ---

If you note all those suggestions revolve around the idea that the other person asked to come to your wedding first. SO it isn't a "you aren't invited" out of the blue but how to let someone know they aren't invited after they ask to be.

But they aren't clear that that is what they are doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version