Author Topic: Porta potty, motorhome toilets for campers  (Read 1004 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Porta potty, motorhome toilets for campers
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »
I've also heard of using the foaming denture cleaning tablets for the bottom of vases & such where no scrub brush will reach...I assume that you might want to use more than one for a holding tank...not as cheap as vinegar, hot water, and baking soda - but similar foaming action to loosen anything that might have ended up stuck on the bottom of the holding tank.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 08:34:36 PM »
Not an immediate solution but would it be possible to replace it with a composting toilet in the future?  From what I understand, they have very little odour and even solids wouldn't be a problem.  You could even put food scraps in.  Most of them do require electricity, though, I think.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
Rather than worrying about the tank, how about focusing on the vent? You said it is the outside vent that smells. So can you put in a charcoal filter or some sort of air purification filter?

floridamom

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 12:01:56 AM »
Back in my BC days (before children), I was a long haul truck driver w/my ex-husband.  Something I used to use in our porta potty was Odoban concentrate.  Can find it at Walmart/Sam's and Home Depot.  Very safe and effective :)