Wedding Bliss and Blues > Paper Trail

Things that Should not be Included in a Wedding Invitation

(1/3) > >>

lofty:
Friends of ours are getting married this June; they're young, broke, and I say this with kindness, stupid. I do believe in the long run they will be fine, but in the meantime they're breaking etiquette rules like there's no tomorrow.

Received lovely save the date; no problem.

Received Facebook invite to their wedding event; huh? Double huh? as I knew she was making invitations; after all, I'm her tech support.  ::)

Invitation arrives! Open envelope, and what's right on top? Oh no, not registry information, that wasn't included, but this little gem was:

I think I'll make some beer bottle charms for DH and myself...after all, if I need to bring my own, I'm not sharing! They'll be hidden in an ice chest in my trunk...

DH put it best; there was simply no need for the card. If they had left it out we would have shown up, found some juice & soda, and been happy. This is just... :o

nuit93:
Wow...

sparksals:
Eeeeep! 

gellchom:
They didn't even put in the last period.  Maybe it's also "BYOP" (Bring Your Own Punctuation).

lofty:

--- Quote from: gellchom on April 10, 2014, 08:28:19 PM ---They didn't even put in the last period.  Maybe it's also "BYOP" (Bring Your Own Punctuation).

--- End quote ---
Obviously their ink is very precious, and the last period would have put them firmly over budget...  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version