Author Topic: S/O of "This Might Be a Stupid Question": Anyone have their "colors done"?  (Read 1584 times)

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
I had it done in the 80s and I'm a Summer. Bluer reds looks good on me and orangery reds look terrible. Yellow? Only if I want go be a Yellow Fever Poster child. White makes me look sickly.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
I'm either a clear winter or a cool summer.  I know some of the colors in clear winter look very good on me, like the icy blue, icy purple and "light golden yellow".  But black makes me look like I'm dead, along with charcoal.  Cool summer has, again, some colors I look good in, such as the greens, but if you put me in something like pale pink beige I'm going to look zombie-ish. 

Thipu1

• Super Hero!

This thread is a revelation.  I didn't know about 'having colors done' but MIL did this for me in an impromptu way.  I wasn't happy with her suggestions.   

We didn't use any book.  On a visit she simply told me that I was a Winter Person.  My strong colors should be dark blue and hunter green.  I could use accents of mint green or baby blue but I must always wear 'lots and lots' of white.  Under no circumstances should I ever wear any warm colors.  Even brown shoes or dark burgundy pants were not appropriate for me. 

At the time, I enjoyed wearing modest styles in bright colors. 

BOOORING!!!

Need I say that her suggestions weren't followed. 

jmarvellous

I got a book from the library about this in junior high, and I couldn't quite figure it out (except 'not spring or summer'--it was a vanity press book from either Avon or Mary Kay, and quite dated even in the mid-'90s), really. I still don't know.

My wardrobe my whole life has probably been 40% black, 15% purple (wine, royal, never lavender), 15% blue (navy or other darker shades with a bit of bright blue), 10% green (olive, mainly, with hunter or turquoise), and the rest cream, blue-gray or charcoal, and rich reds or salmon pink, with one top each in red-orange and burnt orange; yellow is officially out. It's based on what I like, not this analysis!

My hair is dark brown with natural gold highlights, my eyes are dark golden brown. I'm white and pale, but I would guess slightly more 'warm' than 'cool.' I am forever guessing wrong when buying lipstick and blush.

Any guesses?

Dazi

• like the flower
I got a book from the library about this in junior high, and I couldn't quite figure it out (except 'not spring or summer'--it was a vanity press book from either Avon or Mary Kay, and quite dated even in the mid-'90s), really. I still don't know.

My wardrobe my whole life has probably been 40% black, 15% purple (wine, royal, never lavender), 15% blue (navy or other darker shades with a bit of bright blue), 10% green (olive, mainly, with hunter or turquoise), and the rest cream, blue-gray or charcoal, and rich reds or salmon pink, with one top each in red-orange and burnt orange; yellow is officially out. It's based on what I like, not this analysis!

My hair is dark brown with natural gold highlights, my eyes are dark golden brown. I'm white and pale, but I would guess slightly more 'warm' than 'cool.' I am forever guessing wrong when buying lipstick and blush.

Any guesses?

Without seeing a picture,  I'd guess either a warm autumn or clear spring,  though it is possible not to "fit"  any specific category.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
My hair is light brown with red highlights, I have green to hazel eyes (occasionally teal) and very pale skin with warm undertones. I buy jewel tones, coral, clear pinks and dark chocolate brown, I have quite a bit of black and some white. I am between a Clear Spring and a Clear Autumn on those sites, but they don't seem to match the colors I look good in.