News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 01:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I can't stop you from being nosy, but....  (Read 11211 times)

gen xer

Re: I can't stop you from being nosy, but....
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »
For example, if I hear someone outside of my apartment (by outside, I mean right outside my specific apartment), I might peek out to see who it is, because heck, I'm curious. I don't watch nor eavesdrop though, I just peek out to make sure things are on the up and up, that it's not someone trying to do something shady. The thing with this new neighbor is, if he's watching you or listening, he makes sure that you know it.

Only changing the pronouns from the Original Post:

For example, if he hears someone outside of his apartment (by outside, I mean right outside his specific apartment), he might peek out to see who it is, because heck, he's curious. He doesn't watch or eavesdrop though, he just peeks out to make sure things are on the up and up, that it's not someone trying to do something shady. The thing with this  neighbor is, if she's watching you or listening, she makes sure that you know it.

So, one neighbor tells you that they are doing a private Neighborhood Watch and the other one is quiet about it.

Would you prefer up front, or quiet?

I think RegionMom has a good point.  I can understand that it is off-putting and I would probably feel that way too....but off-putting just wouldn't be enough for me to go the landlord about.