General Etiquette > Holidays

What are your Easter traditions?

(1/4) > >>

ladyknight1:
I was thinking about what we will do for Easter next Sunday and wondering what the rest of you do?

Growing up, my father would go to the feed store and buy baby ducks, chicks and rabbits. Once they grew up, they went to a petting zoo at our city zoo. We always dressed up in our Easter dresses, hats, frilly socks and shoes. We went to church, then had Easter dinner and only then could we hunt for Easter eggs. We each got a basket every year.

My son got a basket until he was 12. We go to church, but not in particularly Easter clothes. We will have a festive meal with my mother-in-law and a special dessert. There will be small chocolate Easter bunnies for each of us.

My church usually hosts a community Easter egg hunt, but this year the park where we have it was booked.

Vall:
Since I became an adult, I've lived far from my family.  DH and I really don't do anything special for Easter other than to watch a few holiday-themed movies.

I voted for eat the ears off the bunny because that's what I always did when I was a kid.  Sometimes we dressed up and went to church but that didn't have any meaning for me.  My parents always got me an Easter basket but they never pretended the Easter bunny was real.  Still, good times and candy!

Library Dragon:
Church--but it's Holy Saturday rather than Easter Sunday

Family meal on Easter Sunday

Lamb is a tradition

Candy!  Ferraro Rocher candy is my DS's favorite

Vall:

--- Quote from: Library Dragon on April 14, 2014, 12:09:54 AM ---Church--but it's Holy Saturday rather than Easter Sunday

Family meal on Easter Sunday

Lamb is a tradition

Candy!  Ferraro Rocher candy is my DS's favorite

--- End quote ---
That's one of my favorites too but I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know how to pronounce it.  Can someone tell me how to pronounce it so I can stop telling my DH that I want the gold ball things?  He knows what I'm describing but I'd prefer to say their actual name.

ladyknight1:
Fa-reh-ro Ro-shay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version