2 (1.5%)
Eat the ears off the chocolate bunny
8 (6%)
Candy!
29 (21.6%)
Other
14 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: What are your Easter traditions?  (Read 1591 times)

mime

Re: What are your Easter traditions?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
When I was a kid, my momís family always did Easter egg painting with wax.  You can Google it or look it up on YouTube. 

Itís very fun but man, itís time-consuming.   And people donít seem to appreciate the effort, which is probably why I donít do it anymore.

Those are beautiful! When I was very young, a Hungarian woman at my church had that tradition in her family for many generations. She taught a few of us how to do it. I was probably a bit young for it, and my results weren't too impressive, but her eggs were unbelievable.

You just brought back some really sweet memories!

turtleIScream

Re: What are your Easter traditions?
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
Church for us. Sometimes Easter dinner with family, but it's not a big deal.

Growing up, my family never did the typial Easter trappings - no eggs, no baskets, no decorating; it really was all about the religious significance. We've mostly kept that up with our kids, except I love putting together Easter baskets! Both my kids have a metal basket that we reuse each year, and I have so much fun finding small gifts appropriate for each of them (little to no candy, but colored Goldfish crackers make an appearance every year). I guess it's my Easter version of Christmas stockings (which we actually don't do.)

Interesting factoid - I have never in my life dyed eggs.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh