Author Topic: Ideas for thinly sliced chicken breasts recipes?  (Read 1019 times)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
Ideas for thinly sliced chicken breasts recipes?
« on: August 29, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
They were on a huge sale so I have a surplus of thinly sliced chicken breasts.  I already made Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Marsala, Asian Noodle Soup and Stir Fry.

Any other ideas?  Much appreciated!

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
Re: Ideas for thinly sliced chicken breasts recipes?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »
They were on a huge sale so I have a surplus of thinly sliced chicken breasts.  I already made Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Marsala, Asian Noodle Soup and Stir Fry.

Any other ideas?  Much appreciated!

How about Chicken Scallopini?  I don't have a specific recipe, but when I googled, a bunch came up.  I've made pork scallopini, but not chicken.

We like to buy scallopini sliced chicken breasts because it makes it so fast and easy to cook and cut into strips for chicken casseroles, such as the following:

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients

1 lb broccoli
1 lb boneless chicken breast or tenders
4 eggs
2 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of mayonnaise
chopped green onions to taste
1 stack pack of Ritz crackers, crumbled
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

Steam then broccoli, drain well. Cook the chicken separately, then cut into pieces and combine with broccoli.

Mix and add to the broccoli and chicken the eggs, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, and green onions.

Pour into 913 casserole dish.

For the topping, combine crumbled Ritz crackers, cheese, and melted margarine. Sprinkle mixture onto casserole.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until brown.

-------------------

I have a ton of chicken casserole recipes if you are interested in going in that direction.  :)

~ Cristen

edenparadox

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
You can do chicken roll-ups. Stuff them with thinly cut veggies and cheese, roll them up and pin them with pre-soaked toothpicks or tie them with string. Bread the rolls lightly and then pop them in the oven until they cook through and brown. It's more a philosophy than a recipe though.

crashn2me

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:27:18 PM »
I specifically buy these for Chicken Parmesan.  Saves pounding the regular sized chicken breasts. 

I just bread them & fry them.  Then put them in a pan with some sauce, mozzarella cheese, a little more sauce & Parmesan cheese.  Bake it in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes, done.  Quick, good and company worthy.

NsWife

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 01:50:54 PM »
chicken divan (or as hubby calls it, divine divan)
DO NOT MAKE IF YOU ARE ON A DIET LIKE I AM!!!!!
The 'shortcut' method of making this is VERY easy...

1.  line the bottom of your 9x11 casserole dish with frozen broccalli (I usually use florets but   any cut will do)

2.  cover with paper towel and wet it thoroughly

3.  microwave on high 1.5 minutes, drain

4.  in a single layer put chicken on top of the broccalli (cover all of it with chicken) 

5.  in a separate mixing bowl combine 2 cans cream of chicken w or w/o herbs, 1 soupcan of Helman's Mayo,1/3 cup grated parm. cheese and 1/3 cup shredded motzerella cheese

6.  spread mix on top of chicken making sure to cover everything with the mix

7.  cover tightly with foil

8.  bake at 400F for about 40 minutes

9.  remove foil and sprinkle about 1/4 cup of motz. cheese on top and return to oven for about 10 min until it is getting brown and bubbly

10. let cool 5 min before cutting/serving

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
chicken divan (or as hubby calls it, divine divan)
DO NOT MAKE IF YOU ARE ON A DIET LIKE I AM!!!!!
The 'shortcut' method of making this is VERY easy...

1.  line the bottom of your 9x11 casserole dish with frozen broccalli (I usually use florets but   any cut will do)

2.  cover with paper towel and wet it thoroughly

3.  microwave on high 1.5 minutes, drain

4.  in a single layer put chicken on top of the broccalli (cover all of it with chicken) 

5.  in a separate mixing bowl combine 2 cans cream of chicken w or w/o herbs, 1 soupcan of Helman's Mayo,1/3 cup grated parm. cheese and 1/3 cup shredded motzerella cheese

6.  spread mix on top of chicken making sure to cover everything with the mix

7.  cover tightly with foil

8.  bake at 400F for about 40 minutes

9.  remove foil and sprinkle about 1/4 cup of motz. cheese on top and return to oven for about 10 min until it is getting brown and bubbly

10. let cool 5 min before cutting/serving

How much chicken are you using?  A standard 1lb (give or take) package?  Same question for the frozen broccoli.

Do you slice up the chicken or put them in the baking dish as whole breasts?

Sounds "divine", can't wait to try this!

Thanks!
Cristen
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:34:26 PM by SkylerY »

NsWife

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 03:22:34 PM »
I use a standard package of chicken 1-1.5 lbs just as the pieces come out of the package....I only bother to cut up the really thick pieces.  Use enough broccoli (stalks, pieces or florets) 2-3 cups?? to fully cover the bottom of the pan. It never goes to waste and hubby likes leftovers even better than the night I make it!
This is a meal that you can add ingredients to, use slightly different proportions use different cream soups with etc.  Serve with rolls and you are done!

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »
Thanks for the clarifications!   ;D

~ Cristen