Author Topic: Passover ! what are you favorite dishes, traditions?  (Read 2504 times)

gellchom

Re: Passover ! what are you favorite dishes, traditions?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
You know, I didn't have any trouble flipping it.  I just used a wide spatula or pancake turner or whatever you call it and put my hand on top of the sandwich (it wasn't too hot on the top to touch). 

My problem was coating the matza without breaking it.  I just sort of poured the egg over the matza rather than trying to dip it.  Next time maybe I will use a square cake pan or Corning ware dish.

For a meat version, I'm thinking it would be good with something like chicken or turkey salad, or chicken with tomato sauce or other gravy. 

lowspark

Re: Passover ! what are you favorite dishes, traditions?
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
Good idea using your hand -- why didn't I think of that? I never paid attention to what my mother did... she probably used her hand!

In fact, I do use a square dish I happen to have but I also sort of scoot the egg over the top with the fork as opposed to trying to make it lay flat. This year the matza was really sort of curved, not flat at all, so no way I could have dipped it without it breaking.

On the other hand, if it breaks, and it almost always does, oh well. I just lay it in the pan with the pieces connected as they should be. It ends up holding together just fine. Especially the middle layers.