Author Topic: Mothers Day  (Read 9508 times)

pharmagal

Re: Mothers Day
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2014, 02:59:01 AM »
Which is back to my original point of not getting her hopes up and being disappointed.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Mothers Day
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »
First, this thread is not about me, and I should be able to post a slight hope without the thread devolving into inaccurate speculation.  Notice I said "hope", not great desire, need, nor expectation.

Speaking of speculation, I think it is a great leap from reading any of my posts to think I would be forcing anything on anyone.  What exactly do you think I'm doing?  Standing over the child and making her repeat after me?  "You are my mother, you are my only mother, I am your daughter, no one else is your daughter, resistance is futile."

Second, since someone is keen on quoting my old posts, notice the one in which I said that I had purposefully skewed the timeline for personal reasons.  I have known DF and Six for more almost two years, and I have been in the mothering role for over a year.

Third, while I appreciate your point of view, TurtleDove, you and I had a discussion in another thread about how we looked at the situation of the relationship differently.  It was obvious we disagreed in that thread, so I am not sure why you felt the need to bring up the same subject again in this one.

Fourth and finally, what any of you know of my relationship and situation is from posts here and there.  Please give me the courtesy of refraining from speculation when you do not know the full situation.  Ask, please, but do not make assumptions then try to base misguided advice based on those assumptions.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please feel free to PM me.  Please discontinue the threadjack.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.