Wedding Bliss and Blues > Receptions

Giving away centerpieces - would this be rude?

<< < (2/5) > >>

peaches:
Response or reply cards aren't required. The rsvp information can be put on the invitation.

Reply cards came about as a convenience for the hosts. Logistically, keeping track of a large number of replies by notes, phone calls and emails can be a chore, especially for a large wedding. But you certainly don't have to use them. 

Giving away centerpieces is fine, if it's done unobtrusively.

Bottlecaps:
They're going to be silk roses in milk glass vases. I guess I didn't think about them having to worry about getting them home.  :-[ I guess I just figured small = easy, which may not be the case as several have pointed out. They are rather small (the vases stand about eight inches tall), but I wouldn't want to impose a burden, even if a small one, on any of my guests. I suppose if I do decide to do this (and I probably will, seeing as how the guests getting them home is really the only issue coming up), I could always mail the centerpieces to them along with their thank you card. That would be a decent compromise on the idea vs. the logistics, yeah? :) That way, they're not burdened with trying to pack them up (provided that they're even still there, as a PP mentioned).

Toots, thank you for posting the image of the Royal Wedding invitation. Although my wedding certainly isn't going to be formal, lol, it's nice to know what formatting I should use for the RSVP and the dress code.

Thanks to everyone who replied! :)

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: Bottlecaps on April 23, 2014, 12:50:26 PM ---...I could always mail the centerpieces to them along with their thank you card. That would be a decent compromise on the idea vs. the logistics, yeah? :) That way, they're not burdened with trying to pack them up (provided that they're even still there, as a PP mentioned).

--- End quote ---

I think that is a great compromise, if these are the people you really want to have the centrepieces.   :)

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: Bottlecaps on April 23, 2014, 12:50:26 PM ---They're going to be silk roses in milk glass vases. I guess I didn't think about them having to worry about getting them home.  :-[ I guess I just figured small = easy, which may not be the case as several have pointed out. They are rather small (the vases stand about eight inches tall),

--- End quote ---

The silk roses will be difficult to pack without getting them squished.

So they aren't that easy to pack, actually.

And I wouldn't even think you should mail them the centerpieces; I guess I'm influenced by the fact that almost everyone I know has way too much stuff.

Just love them. That's all most people really want as a payoff for their extra effort.

wolfie:
Your other issue is "do the want the centerpieces?". And that is a big who knows. Some people will want them, some people won't and it would be hard to know who falls where without asking them. I think it might be easier to give them away at the reception - then people who don't want them can leave them behind or give them to someone who does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version