General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Joan Rivers still making jokes about Ariel Castro hostage victims

(1/9) > >>

veronaz:
Okay, I know Joan is a comedienne, and I've laughed at many of her routines throughout the years.  But I think she went too far........very poor taste, imo:

"Just days after comparing her living arrangements on her reality show to what the women faced, Rivers kept it up. She told TMZ, the celebrity gossip program, that Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry should not complain: "They got to live rent free for more than a decade . . . One of them has a book deal. Neither are in a psych ward. They're OK. I bet you within three years one of them will be on Dancing with the Stars."

And she went on. In an apparent reference to a lack of sense of humor, she said, "The TV the guy gave them must not have had SNL.''

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/04/joan_rivers_downplays_her_joke.html

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/04/joan_rivers_downplays_her_joke.html

Reika:
 :o

How is that even remotely funny?

VorFemme:
I think Miss Rivers is off her memory meds...bless her heart...which is probably in a jar at her plastic surgeon's office.

veronaz:
Joan is very protective of her own daughter.  I saw Joan on Celebrity Apprentice, and she is a vicious Mama Bear who protects her cub.  She should be more sensitive to what the girls and their families went thru.  For goodness sakes, that creep impregnated one of the girls.
Not funny at all.

violinp:

--- Quote from: veronaz on April 24, 2014, 08:40:09 PM ---Joan is very protective of her own daughter.  I saw Joan on Celebrity Apprentice, and she is a vicious Mama Bear who protects her cub.  She should be more sensitive to what the girls and their families went thru.  For goodness sakes, that creep impregnated one of the girls.
Not funny at all.

--- End quote ---

A slight correction: he impregnated two and made one have multiple miscarriages, and then allowed the child of the other to live.

Joan is a woman with absolutely no class whatsoever. I'm saddened she made the comment, but not surprised.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version