Author Topic: Joan Rivers still making jokes about Ariel Castro hostage victims  (Read 6131 times)

MyFamily

Re: Joan Rivers still making jokes about Ariel Castro hostage victims
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 05:31:57 PM »
I frankly hope she is dropped by all her tv shows and sponsors or whatever...she has shown her true self and it is disgusting.  Free speech is fine, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't face any consequences and frankly it is past time for her to face the consequences.

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

chibichan

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
I have no E-Hell approved words for my opinion of this ....person. I can only hope to Deity that after this , she is never heard from again .

The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

kglory

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »
That's despicable.

Some situations in life are so heinous that they should never be made the subject of jokes, and IMO this is one of those.

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »
I frankly hope she is dropped by all her tv shows and sponsors or whatever...she has shown her true self and it is disgusting.  Free speech is fine, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't face any consequences and frankly it is past time for her to face the consequences.

She's been dumped by Norwegian Cruise Lines, for a start....  http://wogl.cbslocal.com/2014/05/05/show-biz-buzz-extra-joan-rivers-in-hot-water/

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »
I just saw her on TV and she's using the good bad old "it's just a joke" defense. Wonder if she'll think it's funny if it had happened to her daughter.

veronaz

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 05:11:10 PM »
The View did a phone interview with Joan this morning.  She was very defensive, and actually cut Barbara Walters off several times.  Joan maintains her "get over it, it was a joke" stance.  She said the people at Norwegian Cruise lines are stupid.

Minmom3

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »
No, of course she wouldn't find it funny if it happened to Melissa.  I have long thought she was crude and mean.  This just confirms it.  I'd say that level of defensiveness goes to show us all that deep inside, she knows she messed up.  Because if you honestly were sorry, you'd be falling all over yourself to apologize, publicly, for being an idiot.  I hope it costs her a lot.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

veronaz

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
I remember when Joan's husband committed suicide in the late 1980s.  She was very upset when a few tabloids made some unkind remarks (not jokes, but still insensitive).  She went on the TV news and could barely talk she was crying so hard.

And on "Celebrity Apprentice" Joan was a hissing viper when a couple people dared to not be too nice to Melissa.  In fact, she walked off the show but came back for the sake of her charity.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:31:50 PM by veronaz »

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 08:56:15 AM »
That's the worst kind of "comedian". As my dad taught us, if you can't take it, don't dish it out!

utkvolfan

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 12:46:39 PM »
I used to love watching Fashion Police. Joan's "humor" has gotten more and more toxic over the years and I finally gave up watching the show.

djinnidjream

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »
I watched Fashion Police once.  That was enough. Joan comes across as trying so hard to be nasty and controversial that its almost pathetic.  I find it best to simply ignore her and make sure that I don't financially support anything that may go to her.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
I am firmly of the belief that there are things in this world that should never be the object of a joke.  This is one of them.  She's more than crossed the line here.

livluvlaf

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »
Joan is very protective of her own daughter.  I saw Joan on Celebrity Apprentice, and she is a vicious Mama Bear who protects her cub.  She should be more sensitive to what the girls and their families went thru.  For goodness sakes, that creep impregnated one of the girls.
Not funny at all.

A slight correction: he impregnated two and made one have multiple miscarriages, and then allowed the child of the other to live.

Joan is a woman with absolutely no class whatsoever. I'm saddened she made the comment, but not surprised.

Joan should READ the book she refers to I hope someone sends her a copy!

what those girls endured is beyond heart wrenching, hard to read without loosing your lunch.

Mister E

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2014, 03:45:46 PM »
Sadly, that's Joan Rivers for you. I totally agree that her "jokes" about the situation are sick and despicable. I've always hated her ever since I can remember being aware of who she is but that's what she does and she's never going to change so it's just best to try and ignore her. She's a nasty and hateful woman. One of these days someone will tell her off good. I hope.

Ed.

MissRose

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
Joan Rivers' comments go beyond tacky and comedy in many situations IMHO. Some situations are not joking matters.