Wedding Bliss and Blues > Receptions

Food ideas?

<< < (5/5)

MOM21SON:

--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on May 02, 2014, 01:11:55 AM ---Green Goddess dip is always a hit at events

--- End quote ---

Do you have a recipe for this?  TIA

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: MOM21SON on June 01, 2014, 04:23:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on May 02, 2014, 01:11:55 AM ---Green Goddess dip is always a hit at events

--- End quote ---

Do you have a recipe for this?  TIA

--- End quote ---

1 ripe avocado
1 small garlic clove, minced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped thyme
1/4 cup chopped tarragon
1/4 cup chopped basil
3 Tbsp chopped chives
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste

Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor and blend or pulse until you get a smooth dressing, about 30-45 seconds.

MOM21SON:
Thank you so much!  I've been buying the dressing, but I think I can make it low fat with this! Thanks again!

ladyknight1:
Vegan spring rolls with a dipping sauce.

Guacamole hummus is a local favorite and is great with the blue  corn chips. http://www.marthastewart.com/349717/guacamole-hummus

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: MOM21SON on June 01, 2014, 04:37:03 PM ---Thank you so much!  I've been buying the dressing, but I think I can make it low fat with this! Thanks again!

--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  :)  I make it in a small bullet blender and store it in there. It'll last for about a week in the fridge.   

You can remove the mayo if you want and just add more sour cream if you'd like.  I've also substituted yogurt for either the sour cream or mayo. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version