Wedding Bliss and Blues > Attire

How do you (tactfully) communicate appropriate wedding attire?

(1/2) > >>

lellah:
I'm having my wedding at an unusual venue.  This is causing a lot of confusion about what people should wear.  We're not expecting people to wear white tie or Halloween costumes or clothing for a bbq--just typical dress up clothes. I'm a little surprised that is an issue.

I think a little note on the wedding website is the way to go.  But I don't want to make it sound as though I don't trust my nearest and dearest to dress appropriately.  Any suggestions?

Outdoor Girl:
I think putting something on your website is fine.

Maybe something like:  'Because of our unusual venue, we've been getting lots of questions about what to wear for the wedding.  We're aiming for dressy but not formal.  Cocktail dresses for the ladies, dress pants, shirts and ties for the gentleman, for example.  Hope that helps!'

Or something like that - maybe someone out there has better wording.

TurtleDove:
Why are you assuming this is an issue?  What do you mean by "unusual venue"?  I've been to several wedding receptions at zoos - both in "The Tropics" and in the "Underwater" areas.  People showed up wearing typical wedding attire (without any sort of mass announcement) and the weddings were all beautiful.

lellah:

--- Quote from: TurtleDove on April 28, 2014, 10:16:07 AM ---Why are you assuming this is an issue?  What do you mean by "unusual venue"?  I've been to several wedding receptions at zoos - both in "The Tropics" and in the "Underwater" areas.  People showed up wearing typical wedding attire (without any sort of mass announcement) and the weddings were all beautiful.

--- End quote ---

I am assuming it's an issue because around 80% of the people I've spoken to have immediately asked what they're supposed to wear. 

TurtleDove:

--- Quote from: lellah on April 28, 2014, 10:21:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: TurtleDove on April 28, 2014, 10:16:07 AM ---Why are you assuming this is an issue?  What do you mean by "unusual venue"?  I've been to several wedding receptions at zoos - both in "The Tropics" and in the "Underwater" areas.  People showed up wearing typical wedding attire (without any sort of mass announcement) and the weddings were all beautiful.

--- End quote ---

I am assuming it's an issue because around 80% of the people I've spoken to have immediately asked what they're supposed to wear.

--- End quote ---

In that case, I would just tell them when they ask!  If you have a wedding website you could make note there, but otherwise, I would assume people who have questions about what to wear will ask you directly and there is no need for a specific public statement.  I am dying to know the venue!?!??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version