Author Topic: Am I being a bridezilla? RSVP woes  (Read 2824 times)

trichele21

Re: Am I being a bridezilla? RSVP woes
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 10:22:24 AM »
Thank you to everyone that responded. It really has helped!!

This is a very emotionally charged time, as one poster pointed out. I think I need to give my friend and myself some grace.

I agree that email is a horrible way to communicate but with this particular friend it's the only way we can, otherwise we will play phone tag for weeks.

Other than this very close friend I haven't asked any others why they weren't coming, they just volunteered the information. I asked this particular friend because I thought something had to be very wrong for her not to attend, because she has been so involved with the wedding etc.

We aren't having a bridal party, btw.

I wrote this post a while back and had to wait a while to get approved for the forum. Our wedding is in TWO DAYS!!! So excited :)

The resolution to the story about the child care is that I offered for her son to join our nieces and nephews with a babysitter we have hired for them. She was thrilled at this news. I'm glad we could work something out but the delivery was still awful, in my opinion.

lakey

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 11:23:26 PM »
As has been said on this site, an invitation is not a summons and these people have every right to not attend. That being said, some of them are communicating reasons to you that come across as if they don't take your big event very seriously. They would be better off to simply say that they won't be able to attend than to give some of the excuses they're giving. I can understand why you feel hurt. However, it would be better not to say anything.

I get a bit annoyed with people who go into a snit because their young children are not invited. Some people have celebrations that are for adults, some simply have to cut the guest list. If your friend is annoyed because she can't bring her kid ( the terse remark makes this seem likely), I would still ignore it. If she is normally a good friend, I wouldn't screw up the friendship over this.

On the plus side, at least these people are sending their RSVP's and not leaving you hanging.

knitwicca

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »
Someone who I thought was a close friend told me, face to face, that she could not attend my wedding (I had asked her to be Matron of Honor) because there was a football game on tv that day.  I had asked her about 3 months before to be my MoH which she had accepted.  Then she changed her mind.

She did not have tickets to see the game in person.
She was not hostessing a football party.

She just did not want to miss the first half of the game being televised.

(yes, it showed me how I ranked in her  life)

daen

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 02:52:12 PM »
Someone who I thought was a close friend told me, face to face, that she could not attend my wedding (I had asked her to be Matron of Honor) because there was a football game on tv that day.  I had asked her about 3 months before to be my MoH which she had accepted.  Then she changed her mind.

She did not have tickets to see the game in person.
She was not hostessing a football party.

She just did not want to miss the first half of the game being televised.

(yes, it showed me how I ranked in her  life)

Oy vey.

The mind, it boggles.