Author Topic: Paris  (Read 1213 times)

o_gal

Re: Paris
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »
I'm leaving tomorrow for my trip!  4 days in Belgium and 4 in Paris with a side trip to Amiens to visit a friend.  I have your suggestions in hand & will update when I come back.  Thanks again!

Update! You should be back by now, unless you decided to throw caution to the wind and live in Paris for the rest of your life  ;D

Margo

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:04 PM »
hope you had fun!

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »
I'm going to be in Paris for just a couple of days and while there are many things I'd love to see I've arranged to spendone day going to Normandy. I'd do it no matter what but the fact that we just marked the 70th anniversary of D-Day makes it really important to me.

quietgirl

Re: Paris - Oops! Delayed Update
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
Eeks!  So sorry, I love updates and am ashamed it took me so long.   :-[

Had an amazing time in Belgium, Paris and Amiens.  I thought my feet were going to fall off, but it was so worth it!

In Paris we took the Hop On/Hop Off bus the first day and it really helped to get the lay of the land.  All in all we: climbed the Arc de Triomphe, saw the Eiffel Tower twice (did not go up), visited the Catacombs, visited Notre Dame, toured the Louvre, and ate as many croissants and pain au chocolate as I possibly could.  I spent an entire day at the Louvre.  If anyone is going, you have to get the audio tour.  I could not have done the Louvre without it, it would have been too overwhelming.  It's an audio tour/gps that will bring you anywhere in the museum.  Just amazing! 

I was only able to spend an overnight in Amiens, but it was so nice to visit my friend and hang out in a non-tourist area.  I didn't see her until the end of my trip, but it was really the best way to end it.

All in all, I survived my first trip to Europe and even though this post was late, I still have Euros I haven't exchanged yet so I guess that puts me still in Europe mode!  LOL