Author Topic: What do you wear to laze around the house?  (Read 1448 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
What do you wear to laze around the house?
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
How do you sink into your own personal world of being comfortable? 
Sometimes I make a cup of coffee or tea, maybe some popcorn and just sit in the recliner in front of the television watching an old classic movie. 
Tonight, though, I was just settling down to play a computer mahjong game when I  realized how aggravated I was by my trousers (I wear leggings all the time), so I went and put on my loose comfy, cotton drawstring waist tweety bird pajamas. Ahhhhh...what a relief! Now I can play my game in comfort.  Plus I did the dinner dishes on my way back to the computer so no dishes facing me at 10 o clock at night! Yay!  Now if the cat would go to bed and leave me alone so I can play in peace.   :)
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

guihong

• Super Hero!
Re: What do you wear to laze around the house?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »
What I'm wearing right now-a faded pink T-shirt that is not fit to leave the apartment and drawstring Stewy pajama bottoms.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:22:43 PM »
I put on a pair of stretchy cotton Red Sox lounge pants and some oversized Red Sox slippers, and, if there's no ball game, put the "Broadway Showtunes" radio channel on, and either read or knit. 

Amara

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:23:23 PM »
I favor oversized tee shirts that I use for nightshirts and nothing else. Ah, it feels so good to take my day clothes off and just wear that. If it's cold I add socks.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:24:06 PM »
My outfit of leisure to myself time is a selection of old t-shirts that are super soft and usually stained or torn, and a pull on pair of shorts or loose pants.  NO bra.  I am well-endowed, and I just don't like the constriction.  I may regret that when I am old, but, pffht on that now!

If the doorbell rings or I have to step outside, I have a funky tie-dyed silk robe that I found at a Goodwill and it hides a multitude of sins. 

I also have a couple of house dresses (not sure of the name) that are almost like a giant t-shirt dress, and one that makes me feel artistic/like I need a pearl handled cigarette holder, and I do not smoke!

A little bit like this, but more teals and blues and watercolory swirly golds, and silk. 

http://www.expressionscatalog.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=ED3012&source=igodigital

For only $2300 US dollars, you could have this and feel like a million bucks as you lounge around!!  (perhaps without the heels)
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Roberto-Cavalli-Printed-Maxi-Caftan-Dress/prod162230105/p.prod?eVar4=You%20May%20Also%20Like
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »
I work at home, so my work clothes are my lounge around the house clothes:  If the weather is cold, I wear stretchy jeans, sweatshirts, socks, and slippers.  If the weather is hot I wear T-shirts and shorts, and slippers.  I have to get dressed to work, especially if it's cold in my office, and I have to wear a bra because "they" get in the way when I'm trying to type if I don't. 

Please pass the Calgon

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:06:09 AM »
Flannel pajama pants & a t-shirt or cami tank top.

Stranger

• diligo ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
I wear yoga pants and fitted t-shirts. Or leggings with longer fitted t-shirts.

It's comfortable, and it looks good.

But I have a rule: I wear my work clothes until after DH came home and we had a glass of wine together. Because he leaves before me, I don't want him to see me as always wearing pj's or lounge clothes  ;)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:04:20 AM »
A very large cup of tea
tank top/t-shirt
shorts
bare feet
1 or more cats on my lap

AngelicGamer

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 02:32:51 AM »
A ratty t-shirt and some form of sweat pants or yoga pants.  Sometimes with a cup of tea or coffee and a puppy (okay, she's really a year and a few months but she's never getting bigger than small). 

I would have a bowl of popcorn but, like tonight, she's crying because she can't really have any.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
Depends on what i'm doing, what time of the day it is - either ratty t shirts or tank tops with an old very comfy elastic waist skirt or old comfy elastic waist yoga pants. OR a nightie (my nighties are the long t shirt style). flip flops unless i'm doing cooking/housework, then i wear sneakers.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

AliciaLynette

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:48 AM »
Because I work nights, I have had to figure out a no-hassle basic outfit, because a couple of days a week I'm either asleep or on the school run.  I don't have time or brain power those days to figure out full outfits!

In the winter/really cold days I wear yoga pants, long-sleeve tees and big jumpers (mens medium are perfect size for me), and I change into jeans to leave the house - I find that yoga pants are fine inside but aren't generally thick enough for outside.

In summer I wear leggings and tunic/skater dresses.  Quick, easy to put on in the mornings and perfectly appropriate for leaving the house.  In fact, the ease of these outfits has saved me on a couple of occasions when I've woken up late for something.  Scenario goes like this:
Wake up, look at clock, scream!  Run to bathroom, wash smelly bits, put on leggings, dress, cardigan.  Thrust feet in shoes while waving at family, grab bag on way out door.  Apply make-up/perfume on way to bus/on bus.  Arrive at meeting place, down coffee and order more, revive friend from laughing fit having heard tale of woe.
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 08:18:23 AM »
Cotton knit pants with an elastic waist and pockets. The pockets are not optional. And a t-shirt.

That's the base layer. Depending on the season and the temperature of the house, add in silk longjohns underneath, make the t-shirt long-sleeved, add a turtleneck over it, and then layer on a hoodie or wool sweater or fleece jacket. If it's really cold, I have a heavy sweater-knit wool shawl that goes over everything. If that's not enough, the heat gets turned up.

It's May. No more longjohns, but still a long-sleeved t-shirt plus sweatshirt hoodie this morning. And hot tea.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

chibichan

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »

Scenario goes like this:
Wake up, look at clock, scream!  Run to bathroom, wash smelly bits, put on leggings, dress, cardigan.  Thrust feet in shoes while waving at family, grab bag on way out door.  Apply make-up/perfume on way to bus/on bus.  Arrive at meeting place, down coffee and order more, revive friend from laughing fit having heard tale of woe.

LOL  ;D  ....that about describes every morning for me !
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

Redsoil

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
Depends on the weather.

I'll quite often get around nekkid.

Next level, is a ratty old polo shirt and knickers.

Cooler weather prompts a gypsy skirt and soft old V-neck jumper.

(Well, you DID ask!)  ;)
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!