Author Topic: Lil Kim's registry  (Read 2747 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Lil Kim's registry
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
Yeah, i think it's always bad etiquette to confuse the spheres.
This idea shows up a lot--the military punishes officers for fraternizing with enlisted men.
Bosses aren't supposed to date subordinates.
Salesmen aren't honorable when they use social tactics to pressure customers.
Customers aren't supposed to eat substandard food because they don't want to insult the waitress or the restaurant personnel.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Gosh, let me run right out...

You just know that Lil Kim will personally send you a thank you note, right? 
Well, I'm sure her assistant will.
Umm, they'll publicly thank me at an awards show?
So, you really think they would take my gift and, at best, I'd get a form letter? 

Anyone want an Adidas Size 0-3 months purple track suit?

Formerly Mrs.Bart

lollylegs

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »
I very much dislike the tendency for people to correlate gift giving with needs. It opens the door for people who need a lot of things to use that excuse as justification for gimme pig behavior. There is no wealth threshold where it becomes acceptable to tell other people what they should do with their money. Just because Lil Kim can afford all the big ticket items does not mean that she is obligated to deflect people's generosity.

This x 1000! In fact, some of the worst gimme pig behaviour I've ever seen has been when I've been chastised for going off-registry because, "I/the MTB needs a baby monitor, not wooden blocks!"

That said, and it pains me to say this because I do love Lil Kim, but I think that including expensive, big tickets items is a little tacky (but not rude), simply because she doesn't personally know the gift givers.