Author Topic: Rihanna is a horrible person  (Read 3981 times)

Hillia

Rihanna is a horrible person
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »
https://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/rihanna-cyberbullies-teen-over--prombat-outfit-190727487.html

Short version: A 16 year old girl wore a version of an unusual Rihanna outfit to her Hollywood-themed junior prom, because she is (was) a huge fan and admired her style.  She posted a picture of herself on Instagram, and it was widely mocked.  Bad enough for random strangers, but then RiRi had to jump into the act and post her own insults.

Really?  A supposedly adult woman, who is fawned over and idolized for her physical appearance, and she has to mock a 16 year old girl? She was somehow threatened by a teenager who dared try to imitate her? Nasty, horrible woman.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: Rihanna is a horrible person
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
I am not surprised. She always give off a mean vibe to me and this is one more confirmation.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:35:31 PM by rose red »

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
No question she's an unpleasant person. This just confirms it.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »
Alternate perspective:

http://www.ryot.org/everyones-calling-rihanna-a-cyberbully-but-were-not-so-sure-see-the-tweets-and-decide-for-yourself/684149

I took it the same way. I thought the sad face was meant as "People are making fun of this girl's outfit? I wore it too.  :(" except I'm not sure what the "IG" and "Real Life" captions mean?

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 04:57:35 AM »
Alternate perspective:

http://www.ryot.org/everyones-calling-rihanna-a-cyberbully-but-were-not-so-sure-see-the-tweets-and-decide-for-yourself/684149

I took it the same way. I thought the sad face was meant as "People are making fun of this girl's outfit? I wore it too.  :(" except I'm not sure what the "IG" and "Real Life" captions mean?

IG means 'internal giggle' according to urban dictionary. So it is similar to LOL.

I have to agree with you. It doesn't look like she was making fun of the girl, it looks like she was saying her own outfit was funnier.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

menley

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:03:28 AM »
Hmm, I thought IG meant Instagram. Like, in the photoshopped glamorous Instagram photo, you look like Rihanna, and in real life you look like the prom girl. I still can't decide if that's an insult or not but I'm leaning towards not - to me, it sounds like Rihanna's saying, hey, if I weren't a famous musician I would look just like this girl in real life. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it :)

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 08:58:44 AM »
Hmm, I thought IG meant Instagram. Like, in the photoshopped glamorous Instagram photo, you look like Rihanna, and in real life you look like the prom girl. I still can't decide if that's an insult or not but I'm leaning towards not - to me, it sounds like Rihanna's saying, hey, if I weren't a famous musician I would look just like this girl in real life. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it :)

I thought that too, that it meant Instagram. It could mean "professional photo of a woman dressed by stylists" versus "some chick who made her own", which would be nasty.

She's usually pretty quick to speak out if she feels insulted so the fact that she hasn't addressed this doesn't speak well for her. If I'd meant to stand behind this young lady and the world misinterpreted my comments and spun them to imply the opposite, I'd be all over that in an instant.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 09:22:25 AM »

I thought that too, that it meant Instagram. It could mean "professional photo of a woman dressed by stylists" versus "some chick who made her own", which would be nasty.

She's usually pretty quick to speak out if she feels insulted so the fact that she hasn't addressed this doesn't speak well for her. If I'd meant to stand behind this young lady and the world misinterpreted my comments and spun them to imply the opposite, I'd be all over that in an instant.

Yeah, it reads to me like the meme where people try something cool from Pinterest and screw it up. Except instead of the crafter mocking herself or himself, as a lot of those Pinterest fail "inspiration vs. reality" photos are, it's a famous person using a big pulpit to mock a kid who admired her. Not cool, if that's what it really is.

(Not to mention that she didn't even screw up. It's just that everybody, everybody, looks better with professional photography, and Rihanna gets the benefit of that while the kid doesn't.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:24:27 AM by Yvaine »

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
The 16 year old also picked an unfortunate pose for her picture. I imagine Rihanna's designers/handlers warned her, "Now whatever you do, keep your arms down on the red carpet!"
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »
And then there's this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

Looks like someone who enjoys her fans to me. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 12:38:12 PM »
The 16 year old also picked an unfortunate pose for her picture. I imagine Rihanna's designers/handlers warned her, "Now whatever you do, keep your arms down on the red carpet!"

The bullies actually picked this one. There are much better poses that she put up, and she really looks sharp in them. I can understand why she picked that outfit - it suits her very well.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

TriCrazy73

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
And then there's this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

I was thinking about these pictures when I read this thread.  I am not really a fan of hers, musically, but she does seem to appreciate her fans quite a bit.  Her tweets read as supportive to me.

Marisol

• with a parasol.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 01:30:08 PM »
Is everyone forgetting that this was a themed prom?  She had probably the most creative dress, it was based on a celebrity, and in spite of the bat pose she looks really great in it.  I don't understand why anyone is mocking her. She's fabulous.  Her school mates loved it.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
And then there's this:

I was thinking about these pictures when I read this thread.  I am not really a fan of hers, musically, but she does seem to appreciate her fans quite a bit.  Her tweets read as supportive to me.

I know eh.  I can't stand her music but from what I've seen she truly appreciates her fans.  I think this thing is being overblown.