Author Topic: Rihanna is a horrible person  (Read 4409 times)

melicious

Re: Rihanna is a horrible person
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
And then there's this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

Looks like someone who enjoys her fans to me.
I was thinking about these pictures when I read this thread.  I am not really a fan of hers, musically, but she does seem to appreciate her fans quite a bit.  Her tweets read as supportive to me.

I know eh.  I can't stand her music but from what I've seen she truly appreciates her fans.  I think this thing is being overblown.

That's why is always helps to get the full story before reacting. It seems that we've become a society that's hard-wired to assume the worst of people.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
And then there's this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

Also looks like someone who doesn't like to be touched vs someone who is fine with being touched/hugged.  ;D

As for the rest of this thread, I do think Rihanna needs to speak out.  I enjoy her songs here and there (one of my faves is one she did with Enimem [Love the Way You Lie]) and think she needs to stand up and go "hey, this is what I meant".

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

amylouky

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »
I actually saw it as, the first pic (Ri and the prom girl), it looks like the prom girl is making fun of the outfit by posing like a bat. And Rihanna was responding with :( as either, displeasure at her outfit being made fun of, or sympathy with the girl for people making fun of her.  And the pic of the girl next to the WTC logo.. well, I'm sorry, but the way the girl is posing she does look almost exactly like the logo. I don't consider that insulting.

I don't think what Rihanna posted was that bad. She compared the girl's outfit to a bat. Who cares.. it does look like a bat, and from the girl's pose, that's what she was going for.

I'm a little tired of anything and everything being called bullying, cyber or otherwise. It's getting to the point where if everything you say isn't 100% positive, and hearts and rainbows don't fly out of your mouth every time you open it, you're bullying someone.

A better question might be, who the heck lets their 16 year old daughter wear a skin tight catsuit that is cut down to her belly button???

One Fish, Two Fish

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
A better question might be, who the heck lets their 16 year old daughter wear a skin tight catsuit that is cut down to her belly button???

This is the part that I can't get beyond.  It was totally inappropriate for a 16 year old junior prom. 
I'll get there.  Eventually.

metallicafan

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »
And then there's this:

Also looks like someone who doesn't like to be touched vs someone who is fine with being touched/hugged.  ;D

As for the rest of this thread, I do think Rihanna needs to speak out.  I enjoy her songs here and there (one of my faves is one she did with Enimem [Love the Way You Lie]) and think she needs to stand up and go "hey, this is what I meant".

I looked at the photos of the meet and greet, and in every one, Rihanna is totally engaged with the fan. I mean, she's full on hugging them.
As far as the prom outfit,  well maybe Rihanna posted a sad face because she was disappointed that that was the particular outfit the girl chose, for some reason, who knows. And the girl did look like a bat the way she was posing, what does she think she looks like?

Hillia

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »
OK, she looks like a bat.  How often do we talk about how rude it is to make personal comments?  "Your hair looks terrible that color"  "Who told you you could wear a miniskirt?"  "Why aren't you wearing heels, those flats make you look dumpy?"

Sure, the nasty comments might be expected from the faceless trolls.  Doesn't mean they're right, and it doesn't make it right for a famous person to jump on board with them.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 04:55:25 PM »
Yeah, if she wanted to join in to disparage the nastiness, or something, she should have been clearer.

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 06:37:10 PM »
I'm a little tired of anything and everything being called bullying, cyber or otherwise. It's getting to the point where if everything you say isn't 100% positive, and hearts and rainbows don't fly out of your mouth every time you open it, you're bullying someone.
This to the nth power.

Hadn't thought of that, but now that I do...she wouldn't be allowed in to many of the proms in my neck of the woods wearing that, no matter what the theme was supposed to be.  :-\
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
I am really sorry to hear that the girl is getting teased for her outfit.  I like the idea and, despite how much it reveals, I like the outfit.

Rhianna is known for interacting with her fans. I've seen examples of her putting the smack down on people on Twitter, but it's always been in response to a rude remark. As shown in the photos to which Hurricane Marathon, Rhianna is usually positive with her reactions.

I hope Rhianna's camp issues an explanation soon. It might help to end the teasing.

I admit that the same question crossed my mind. That dress, while awesome, was an *interesting* choice for junior prom.

metallicafan

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
This to the nth power.

Hadn't thought of that, but now that I do...she wouldn't be allowed in to many of the proms in my neck of the woods wearing that, no matter what the theme was supposed to be.  :-\

I agree too.

MurPl1

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »
Yeah, not appropriate for prom, but honestly she looks fantastic and shouldn't let people's negative comments get to her.  She did something unusual and people are gonna talk when you do that.  If Mom wasn't gonna stop the outfit for prom, she should have at least had that conversation with her daughter.