General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

Granny F at the Wedding

<< < (2/2)

kategillian:

--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on May 16, 2014, 04:05:37 PM ---I get that it's tacky, but what I think is worse is that no one else will let it go.  If that's really all they talk about when the wedding comes up, they must have not had a good time at the reception.  To let that overshadow everything else is just sad to me.

--- End quote ---

I think that depends, are they making fun of Granny, or waxing nostalgic about how frugal she was? My dear grandma had a big germ phobia, and whenever my mom and I see someone doing something she would have considered icky, we say 'oh boy! Grandma would have hated that!' We're certainly not making fun of her, just remembering how she was!

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: kategillian on May 19, 2014, 07:14:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on May 16, 2014, 04:05:37 PM ---I get that it's tacky, but what I think is worse is that no one else will let it go.  If that's really all they talk about when the wedding comes up, they must have not had a good time at the reception.  To let that overshadow everything else is just sad to me.

--- End quote ---

I think that depends, are they making fun of Granny, or waxing nostalgic about how frugal she was? My dear grandma had a big germ phobia, and whenever my mom and I see someone doing something she would have considered icky, we say 'oh boy! Grandma would have hated that!' We're certainly not making fun of her, just remembering how she was!

--- End quote ---

That's different, I agree.

However, the "will never let it die" in the following seems to be more ridiculous than nostalgia.

--- Quote ---To this day, G's family has never let it die -- it quickly becomes the topic whenever we reminisce about G & L's wedding.
--- End quote ---

Winterlight:
That sounds pretty gross to me, but the groom's family should let it die already. Can't they just say that it was a lovely wedding and leave it at that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version