Author Topic: Summer Attire  (Read 2894 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Summer Attire
« on: May 18, 2014, 12:42:14 AM »
I am a huge fan of dresses in the summer.  Short/Cocktail/Maxi I don't care.  I love dresses because they are an instant outfit.  Dress, sandals, jewelry, and I'm out the door in 15 min

I love Modcloth.com and I've pretty much brought of the dresses I'm going to from there.   So I'm curious. other dress lovers where do you buy your dresses?

poundcake

Re: Summer Attire
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:10:26 AM »
eShakti. For us gals with, er, larger endowments, that place is a godsend!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »
I don't really wear dresses or skirts. every time i see pretty dresses or skirts i think i should start wearing them and then.. i just don't. I started visiting the Modcloth website thanks to you guys here, they have such lovely stuff! I think i need to do a little shoppin'...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »
I just started going out of my comfort zone last summer with dresses. I got a few at macys and a few at Kohls. I have charges at both so I get coupons and am a huge bargain shopper. I also got a couple at the Talbots outlet. I'm going on a cruise at the end of the summer and got two gorgeous maxi dresses from macys for the two formal nights. Got some sparkly silver sandals so I'm set!

I was worried about chafing since I'm not exactly small but found these awesome cotton bloomers online which I wear under the long ones and no chafing!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:13:28 AM »
I love http://www.pyramidcollection.com/Default.aspx.  I call their stuff Pagan Chic.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »
I just started going out of my comfort zone last summer with dresses. I got a few at macys and a few at Kohls. I have charges at both so I get coupons and am a huge bargain shopper. I also got a couple at the Talbots outlet. I'm going on a cruise at the end of the summer and got two gorgeous maxi dresses from macys for the two formal nights. Got some sparkly silver sandals so I'm set!

I was worried about chafing since I'm not exactly small but found these awesome cotton bloomers online which I wear under the long ones and no chafing!
that's another thing i was worried about... I used to wear biker shorts under skirts but i'm trying to shed layers in this heat, not add more...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Jones

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:37 AM »
I have a few skirts from Rue 21 but most of my dresses are from Ross. Just got a couple new ones there yesterday, actually, to update my summer wardrobe.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »

Emmy

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 03:11:01 PM »
Lately I've seen a lot of rompers (like dresses, but shorts).  I would love to get one of them because I have small kids and with the bending and squatting I have to do with them, it seems a little safer to have a one piece outfit that is still cute and easy, but not open at the bottom.  I would also need something nursing access friendly if I am out for any long period of time with DD2.

checkitnice

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 04:08:52 PM »
This stuff is awesome for chafing.  I used it religiously last summer.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »
Yes but with a romper, you have to undress in order to use the bathroom. 

jmarvellous

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
I have a "business casual" internship this summer, so I'm going for dresses with cardigans,  mostly. I think for my first day,  I'll wear a gray and black watercolor-like print dress (Target) with black blazer.

I bought a new dress today,  bright blue with poppies and 3/4 sleeves, from T.J. Maxx. It's on the short  side, so I'll wear it with leggings.

I agree that dresses are great for summer.

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
that's another thing i was worried about... I used to wear biker shorts under skirts but i'm trying to shed layers in this heat, not add more...

Here's a recent article about possible solutions... http://www.xojane.com/healthy/chub-rub-thigh-chafing-solutions

CuriousParty

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
I'm really interested in eShakti and ModCloth, but nervous about the sizing, and returning, especially if I took the leap into custom sizing/choices. I'm seriously (.seriously.) busty on top, and hourglass-ish, so dresses are hard to fit. Plus some of their necklines look really low. But I want summer dresses. Argh!

PastryGoddess

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 01:51:41 AM »
I'm really interested in eShakti and ModCloth, but nervous about the sizing, and returning, especially if I took the leap into custom sizing/choices. I'm seriously (.seriously.) busty on top, and hourglass-ish, so dresses are hard to fit. Plus some of their necklines look really low. But I want summer dresses. Argh!

I'm not familiar with eshakti, probably because I'm not blessed in the chest, but ModCloth's reviews are great and lots of people upload pictures of themselves in the dresses, so you can see how it fits on different body types.