Author Topic: Summer Attire  (Read 2828 times)

Library Dragon

Re: Summer Attire
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 02:10:15 AM »
I like Lands End.  They have a nice selection I can wear to work, Church, or out to eat.

I started wearing pettipants again to combat chafing.  http://www.amazon.com/007Lingerie-Classic-Soft-Cotton-Pettipants/dp/B001B6ECYM

It's nice to walk over an unexpected floor air conditioning outlet and if my skirt flies up I'm fully covered.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

poundcake

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 05:05:01 AM »
I'm really interested in eShakti and ModCloth, but nervous about the sizing, and returning, especially if I took the leap into custom sizing/choices. I'm seriously (.seriously.) busty on top, and hourglass-ish, so dresses are hard to fit. Plus some of their necklines look really low. But I want summer dresses. Argh!

I had no problems with my eShakti returns, and they also send out lots of gift certificate/coupons. Dangerous, but good.

nayberry

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 06:32:43 AM »
i like shorts, knee length ish and vest tops. i've found some lovely culottes online recently and have stocked up :) its been years since i saw any  http://amzn.to/1o6mTNM

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
Ooh, I love dresses!

I have several from Old Navy (petite to plus sizes available) and Target. I love Maxi dresses and I have no issues with chafing. I dress them up with a cardigan or jacket for work.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »
I like Lands End.  They have a nice selection I can wear to work, Church, or out to eat.

I started wearing pettipants again to combat chafing.  http://www.amazon.com/007Lingerie-Classic-Soft-Cotton-Pettipants/dp/B001B6ECYM

It's nice to walk over an unexpected floor air conditioning outlet and if my skirt flies up I'm fully covered.

These are exactly what I have too! I love them. cool, comfy, and not at all hot.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 03:28:27 PM »

Lands End also has skorts that actually look like corporate casual skirts.  My biggest complain is that they only come in black, navy and khaki.  They have a soft knit short built into the skirt.

http://www.landsend.com/products/school-uniform-blend-chino-skort-top-of-the-knee/id_185324_8

Formerly Mrs.Bart

auntmeegs

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
I'm totally obsessed with Free People and Urban Outfitters.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »
I just started going out of my comfort zone last summer with dresses. I got a few at macys and a few at Kohls. I have charges at both so I get coupons and am a huge bargain shopper. I also got a couple at the Talbots outlet. I'm going on a cruise at the end of the summer and got two gorgeous maxi dresses from macys for the two formal nights. Got some sparkly silver sandals so I'm set!

I was worried about chafing since I'm not exactly small but found these awesome cotton bloomers online which I wear under the long ones and no chafing!

Link, please!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

BigBadBetty

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 09:14:41 PM »

Lands End also has skorts that actually look like corporate casual skirts.  My biggest complain is that they only come in black, navy and khaki.  They have a soft knit short built into the skirt.

http://www.landsend.com/products/school-uniform-blend-chino-skort-top-of-the-knee/id_185324_8

I like that skort! I love skorts. I will have to try that out. It looks long enough, too. I am really white and chubby so a longer skort is better for me.

I don't like dresses. I love they way they look. However, my measurements are really strange - extremely short-waisted, broad chested and narrow shoulders. It makes finding a dress (or a button-down shirt) really difficult. Once in a while, I will find one that fits OK.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
I just started going out of my comfort zone last summer with dresses. I got a few at macys and a few at Kohls. I have charges at both so I get coupons and am a huge bargain shopper. I also got a couple at the Talbots outlet. I'm going on a cruise at the end of the summer and got two gorgeous maxi dresses from macys for the two formal nights. Got some sparkly silver sandals so I'm set!

I was worried about chafing since I'm not exactly small but found these awesome cotton bloomers online which I wear under the long ones and no chafing!

Link, please!

If you look above at Library Dragons's post those are what I have as well. Cheap and comfy

Anniissa

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »
I've definitely been wearing more and more dresses recently (not at the same time obv  ;D that'd just be weird...). I'm really loving the modcloth site so I'm very grateful for being introduced to it! I suspect my bank manager not so much considering how much I want to order though...

My current faves for dresses here in UK include www.joythestore.com and www.feverdesigns.co.uk which are actually not terribly dissimilar to Modcloth I think.

Arila

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
Ooh, I love dresses!

I have several from Old Navy (petite to plus sizes available) and Target. I love Maxi dresses and I have no issues with chafing. I dress them up with a cardigan or jacket for work.

me too, and those are my usual stores, but I'm 5'10" and most are too short to be modest (actually, this is true even for my 5'7" sister.

What are good sources for relatively inexpensive dresses that are actually of a modest length (to/just below the knee)?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
What are good sources for relatively inexpensive dresses that are actually of a modest length (to/just below the knee)?

Sears,  Dillard's, Steinmart,  Kohls, Ross, TJ Maxx,  Old Navy,  JcPenny... Just hit the clearance racks first.  ;)

I actually find a ton of great stuff second hand at Goodwill and consignment shops.

ETA: Forgot online sources... EBAY, Amazon.com, and nomorerack.com
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »
My Old Navy and Target dresses are all knee length and longer to Maxi length. My problem is too short sleeves, but I fix that with a light cardigan.

otterwoman

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

I don't like dresses. I love they way they look. However, my measurements are really strange - extremely short-waisted, broad chested and narrow shoulders. It makes finding a dress (or a button-down shirt) really difficult. Once in a while, I will find one that fits OK.

Are you me? I have the same problem. I have found that peasant top styles work best for me. The gathered neckline can hold all the fabric I need to go over my vast tracks of land...